Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Latest Pair

If you caught my last post on my latest pair of shoes then you know that I have a strong proclivity for buying shoes. I haven't bought a pair of shoes in a minute so I figured I'd post the pair I just purchased. Shot goes out to Wingenroth for Prime-ing these via Amazon for me.
These are the New Balance Men's RX505. They're actually a cross-country shoe (spikes and all) but I plan on using them to play football in. Why you ask (because I'm sure you care)? Because they're light. I thought about buying a pair of football cleats until I realized how I don't like the clunkiness and weight of cleats. Then I realized just how light the track shoes I used to wear when I ran actually are. Granted, a pair of cross-country spikes won't have the lateral support - in terms of being able to cut east/west with a good grip - like football cleats do. But in the end, I'm not trying out for a spot on the Redskins either so what does that matter, lol?

Sidebar: The Redskins could use me right now though to be honest.

So we'll see how these cross country kicks fare on the football field this weekend. Hopefully I don't bloody too many people with these. LOL.

No comments: