Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 5


First things first, I sucked pretty bad with my picks last week. I actually lost 3 points of my lead off that horrendous week so now I'm only two points ahead in the Pick'em League. I figured I'd have a couple of weeks that were debacles between week 3 and week 17 so there's the first. I need to get back on track asap.

This week seems like an easier week of picks than last week but it's also one of those weeks that could turn into one of those unexpected weekends of upsets. Let's hope I'm still in first place after this week (I'll even settle for a tie for first).

I changed the team name this week to "Braylon.The.Brawler" for obvious reasons and my picks are as follows.

Buffalo over Cleveland. After the Braylon Edwards trade this week I don't see any reason why Cleveland will be able to do much on offense. And even without the trade I just don't see Cleveland going TO BUFFALO and pulling out a win.

Pittsburgh over Detroit. Do I really need to justify this one?

Dallas over KC. Kansas City sucks. Dallas isn't as good in real-life as they are on paper but they'll win this game easily. As a matter of fact, this is one of those games that alleged experts will watch and say "The Cowboys look like the Superbowl-bound team we thought they were". WOMP!

Minnesota over St. Louis. I will not doubt Brett Favruh again until he actually loses a game. And I'm starting to think the Suitland Rams could beat the St. Louis Rams.

Giants over Oakland. With or without Eli, the Giants will be Oakland. The Giants second-string squad could probably beat Oakland.

Philadelphia over Tampa Bay. McNabb's back! Tampa's defense is suspect...Big day for McNabb.

Washington over Carolina. Yes I'm a Skins fan. But no, I am not blindly loyal. I think that if we keep D'Angelo Williams "confined" and get a touchdown or two, we will win this game. It's gonna be a close one though. Steve Smith will smoke D'Angelo Hall for at least one touchdown, GUARANTEED!

Baltimore over Cincinnati. This one will be a lot closer than people will expect but after the loss to the Pats, Baltimore is going to prove a point against a divisional foe. That point is, don't get them mad. I need Willis McGahee to score a couple times in this one for my fantasy squad.

San Fran over Atlanta. I like Atlanta's QB a lot. I want to pick Atlanta. But Patrick Willis and the 49er defense is playing too well for me to pick against them at this point. Especially against Atlanta who doesn't seem to be much of a real threat to anyone right now. Coming off a bye week you'd think Atlanta will have a great game plan but I'm not so confident in that theory.

New England over Denver. New England will do to Denver what Denver did to Dallas last week. That is, prove that they're not as good as people think they are. I'd bet that most of the people in my Pick'em league will pick the Broncos to win this one though. Good luck with that.

Arizona over Houston. This will be a shoot-out! But in the end, Fitzgerald will be the difference. Andre Johnson is gonna have a monster game though.

Jacksonville over Seattle. I really don't like the Seahawks and Jacksonville is capable of putting up serious numbers offensively as long as David Garrard doesn't go all cluster-f*ck like he has a tendency to do.

Indy over Tennessee. Tennessee is gonna play this game very tough. But the Manning-factor is just too much to pick against.

Jets over Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami won this game but I'm not picking against Rex Ryan's defense.

2 comments:

A. B. said...

Another bad week huh bruh?

Anonymous said...

Not as bad as you'd think considering I switched the Miami and Washington picks at like 12:55pm on Sunday. LOL