Friday, October 16, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 6



Ok, I have a confession to make. I changed two of my picks at the last minute last week. So I ended up getting the Redskins game right (picked Carolina to win at the last minute) and I picked the Dolphins to win at the last minute. So my week wasn't as bad as my post from last week would lead you to believe. It still wasn't good though, lol. Hopefully this week I'll do better.

I'm up by two points in the Pick'Em league, still holding down the #1 spot. But "they coming for my head"!!!

This week I am changing the team name to "WhoDey? Bungled Broncos" in honor of the Bengals and the Broncos who are the biggest surprises to me so far this season. Cincinnati beat Baltimore, in Baltimore. That's a feat. And the Broncos (who I thought were full of you-know-what) beat the Pats. And while the Pats aren't as good as they used to be, they still should have beat the Broncos. So there you go Broncos and Bengals, enjoy!

Now onto this week's picks...

Bengals over Houston. In hindsight, the Bengals have played a pretty tough schedule up to this point and it looks like that's seasoned them well. Defense is playing well and Carson Palmer is also playing well. I'll take the Bengals at home in this one. It would not shock me one bit if they got over-confident and let the Texans beat them because the Texans have a lot of offensive fire power. My advice to Marvin Lewis: Let Cedric Benson run the ball 20-25 times this game and you'll win.

Green Bay over Detroit. Detroit stinks. Green Bay FTW! It's a divisional game so the Lions will get up for this one but Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings are going to have a field day.

Baltimore over Minnesota. I know, I know. Picking against Favruh and Purple Jesus at home. But the Ravens NEED this win. Coming off two losses, Ray Lewis just got fined $25K for his decapitation attempt on Ocho Cinco, and Minnesota has to lose at some point, right? This is going to be a GREAT game!

New Orleans over New York. If the Saints defense plays well, they win. I think they will. No team in the NFL can completely contain Drew Brees and the Saints' offense. They'll score some points and I think playing at home gives them an edge.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland. Have you looked at Cleveland's roster lately?

Tampa Bay over Carolina. Flip a coin on this one, really. I'm taking the home team.

Washington over Kansas City. This pick is not based on my loyalty as a Skins fan. It's based on the fact that they win games at home against shiddy teams. And this year it appears that they ONLY win games at home.

Jacksonville over St. Louis. I'd pick the Rams but...Sike nah, I wouldn't pick the Rams.

Philly over Oakland. Philly's going to make Oakland look so bad that Mike Vick might have as many touchdowns as Donovan McNabb this game.

Arizona over Seattle. This is my "Larry Fitzgerald Loyalty" pick. Seattle put up 41 points last week but I don't think they'll do that against the Cards. Also, Seattle loses to good teams. The question is though, are the Cardinals actually good this year?

New England over Tennessee. *Yawn*

Jets over Buffalo. Since the Bills only put up 3 points last week AGAINST THE BROWNS, I'm going to go way out on a limb here and take the Jets who have a fantastic defense, a just-acquired WR who looks like he has something to prove, and a young QB that's been playing decent. Oh yeah, and they're playing at home. Will this be the game T.O. explodes?

Atlanta over Chicago. I think this one's going to be a shoot-out but last week Atlanta showed what they can do offensively against a team with a solid defense. This week playing at home gives them an advantage.

San Diego over Denver. Playing in San Diego...The Chargers need this win since they're about to play 3 straight divisional games with this one being the first and two cupcake games the next two weeks (KC and Oakland). I'm gonna be real reckless here and say the Bolts crush the Broncos by 10-15 points on Monday Night.

No comments: