Friday, October 30, 2009

Weekly Football Picks - Week 8


Short and sweet this week. I am in a five-way tie for first after previously having a lead by 5 points. My team name "Perfect Week". Why? Because I feel one coming on and to be quite honest, I need it. I'm not really worried at this point because there's still a ton of time left in the season, but I do feel the need to get back in the #1 spot all by myself.

Houston over Buffalo. Houston has more than enough firepower on offense to beat Buffalo. Andre Johnson has a bruised lung (that's a crazy injury) but it looks like he's going to play. I can't imagine how playing would a bruised lung as a wide receiver would be. Seems like it'd be tough to breathe, let alone get hit. Anyway, if Johnson is healthy the Texans win easily. If he's not I still think they squeak out a win.

Chicago over Cleveland. After getting embarrassed last week I think Chicago will show up for this game.

Dallas over Seattle. Seattle sucks. Dallas is at home and I picked against them last week and I won't make that mistake this week. Now next week, that's another story.

St Louis over Detroit. St. Louis has Steven Jackson. Detroit has...a somewhat healthy Calvin Johnson and Daunte Culpeper. I'll take my chance with St. Louis.

Indy over San Fran. Peyton Manning. That is all.

Miami over the Jets. Miami played very well against the Saints last week and let the win slip away. The Jets aren't nearly as good offensively as the Saints and I expect the Dolphins to play well considering this is a division game. Wildcat FTW!

Giants over Eagles. Neutralize DeSean Jackson, beat the Eagles. The question is, can the Giants suspect secondary shut down Mr. Jackson? I don't know. And this is going to be a close/tough game no matter what but I'll go with the Manning brother on this one.

Broncos over Ravens. I wish I could pick the Ravens but with their defense playing average nowadays and the Broncos playing well on both sides of the ball (especially defense), I'm gonna have to go with the Broncos. I still feel like they have to lose at some point and this is a prime week for it with them coming to BodyMore and all but I just don't believe in the Ravens defense the same way I used to. Just my luck though, the Ravens will blow them out for their first loss of the season.

Jags over Titans. *yawn*

Chargers over Raiders. Chargers will win. LT will score but he'll still be old and washed-up for the most part.

Vikings over Packers. Brett wins his homecoming game. Get it? The Packers are outmatched offensively and defensively, but much more so on the defensive end. Did you see what Jared Allen did to the Packers the last game?

Cardinals over Panthers. How are you gonna pick against the cards after they beat everybody's pre-season Superbowl winner last week?

Saints over Falcons.

No comments: