Friday, March 17, 2006

Black women, Black men...WAKE UP



If you have any feelings/opinions about the relationship between black men and black women (or relationships in general for that matter), take a listen to the poem below.

This is a poem that was sent to me as an email forward so some of you may have already heard this.

<a href="http://mike.webic.biz/poemwife.wav">Click here to listen</a>

I think she does a good job of mouthing alot of the frustrations that black women have with black men. Initially I thought this was going to be what I have termed "A SH&T on Ni99as party" but she went from venting to really just stating the REAL.

She even broke it down as to what type of men she has dealt with. And we all know that alot of what she is saying is 100% true. You can name some people you know who fit those descriptions. Ladies, I know you can probably name some dudes to fit one or more of these decriptions. And fellas, if you felt funny listening to it, you are probably one of those "ni99as".

A poem like this makes me re-visit how much pain, struggle, and frustration there is in a lot of relationships between black men and women. It's kind of sad to me because I things don't have to be this way. What she talked about happens to lots of women! So it needs to be discussed. But not discussed ONLY in circles of black women. There needs to be dialogue between black men and women for any progress to be made. I think this is where we often get things twisted. Women get upset because a brother did them wrong and they go back and huddle with their girls. That's fine initially, but once the pain is over, there needs to be some sort of dialogue between women and men who are honest and have some sort of integrity about them (I guess you would call these men "good" men). But the problem is SO bad that some women are hurt to the point that they can't see any man as a GOOD MAN! That people, is TRULY SAD and I think it's something that black men have to accept alot of the blame for and also step up to dispell the negativity surrounding relationships between black men and women.

Shot out to all those strong black couples I know...J, Laf, Jon, Rah, Kev, WG...Do your thing fellas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...we need to talk to our men about our fears, hopes, dreams all of that...but I say this to the brothers...brothers, you all have to talk to us as well...we aren't all skanks, we aren't all gold diggers...just like some men make it bad for the good brothers, some women make it bad for the good sisters! Each of us is different, treat us as such and love us for our individuality and we will do the same...
this is just a brief comment I could go on and on...but that I wanted to say...there is hope for BLACK Love, because there is ALWAYS faith and hope!