Friday, March 24, 2006

Is he rapping...In FRENCH????

You all probably know who Tony Parker is, right? I mean he's a world champion basketball player; he's French; and most of all, he's Eva Longoria's boy-toy (that's got to be a pretty good job).

Well, this guy has something else he's like to add to his resume....Rapper!

Now before you bellow in laughter like I did, you may want to take a look/listen to how he "reps for his hood!"...Then you can laugh! LMAO!



So after only being able to bear half of this actual video I realized a few things:

1) TP is rapping in French yet the expletives are plainly stated in anglais (english)

2) The hook of the song is in English which really confused me for a hot second b/c it made me wonder "Okay, the hook is in english, maybe I just can't understand his english verses" But no! He's rapping in French, I'm quite sure mes amies!

3) Eva could NOT have been at this show. Just doesn't seem like her type of "spot"

4) I heard Tim Duncan was his hypeman. How funny is THAT!?!? Tim Duncan...Hype...There's a study in mutual exclusivity...

5) I think I like hip-hop too much. I feel like athletes who make feeble attempts at rapping (see Kobe Bean Bryant, Tony Parker, Deion Sanders, even A-I) make a mockery of what some other artists have tried to establish. Or maybe it's just me being anal.

6) No matter how silly he sounds, he looks pretty good with her on his arm...

1 comment:

Lawrenorder said...

You know, there's a reason US rappers can travel the world and people know thier English lyrics. Daddy Yankee is determined to get folks in the USA to rap in another language, but I'm not sure how much it's catching on. Perhaps Daddy Yankee found himself a lengua neuva hypeman in Tony Parker.