Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"I'd do anything, anything, for yooooouuuuuu!"

"Oh, you one of them fake cultured type ni99as, huh!?!?"
Tonight, I am going to see Annie at the Hippodrome here in Baltimore. In recent years I've been developing an appreciation for theatre and the arts in general through events/shows like this and through my friends who are involved in these types of events (shot out to ChokolatSoda). A couple weeks ago, I went to ChokolatSoda's first dance performance and even though I had to step out early, I thought it was beautiful. Not only were the women beautiful and their dance moves fluid and graceful, but the message they were conveying through dance was an important one, crossing racial borders/boundaries, through dance. At least that's how I interpreted it. It was a beautiful display of grace coupled with a diversity among the dancers that helped convey the message. It was a great concept, a great show, and it helped me realize how the arts can help influence you in ways you never imagined.

As far as plays go, I haven't been to the Hippodrome for a play since I went to see the Lion King a couple of years ago and that was GREAT! I'm sure tonight will be great as well.

2 comments:

A. B. said...

Quiet as it is kept Annie is one of my favorite plays. I did not realize it was in town. Caught the Lion King at the Hippo too, it was phenomenal.

Anonymous said...

The play was pretty nice. You know ya boy was in there singin' like Jay-Z was on stage. People were looking at me like I was crazy.

It can't touch the Lion King though. That shyt was LIKEDAT!