Monday, March 19, 2007

NCAA Tournament Coverage: Sweet 16

"You know what, Gus Johnson might just be the best college basketball announcer out there."
Unfortunately, there aren't any real big surprises in the Sweet 16 with the lowest seed to make it being UNLV as a 7-seed. Not surprisingly, Maryland got ousted earlier than most thought (including me), but few are surprised about that. Butler and Southern Illinois may seem like surprises to some people becaues they're simply not household names like some of the other schools, but they're teams who have been in the tournament before and know how to play good ball. If they make it to the Final Four, that would be a surprise though.

My suprises/disappointements up to this point:
  • Texas getting knocked out. I wanted to see Kevin Durant get a shot at Flordia.

  • Kansas only beating Niagara by 40 and not 50? WTF? See my first NCAA post for background.

  • Wisconsin losing to UNLV. You just don't expect a 7-seed you haven't heard anything about all year to be a 2-seed.

  • Virginia Tech losing in the second round. I only watch VTech for one reason, Deron Washington (Imma start calling this dude "Hops")...

    Here's a smorgasbord...


  • Imma be real about this. I still can't believe USC lasted this long. But I guess I'm sleeping on them.
The tournament has been pretty good up to this point. I'm expecting the games to get even closer as we move on and I hope that my Final Four stays intact even though I'm pretty much mathematically eliminated from winning my pool (SUX).

No comments: