Friday, March 2, 2007

The Posquat

"Dude, who thinks of shyt like this?"

WARNING: This is gross, but I'll share it anyway.
My co-worker started a running joke about this theoretical animal, the posquat (pronounced, "pawskwat"). This came about after a discussion we had a few years ago about the Turducken (turkey/duck/chicken) that John Madden has referred to on numerous Thanksgivings during the football telecasts.

RELEVANCE: A couple weeks ago, my co-workers and I had this discussion about an alternative to the Turducken that was cheaper to put together and the posquat concept was born.

The posquat is basically a road-kill sandwich as described by a co-worker of mine. I'm sure you're probably wondering "where is this fool going with this", so let me get right to the point.

The POSQUAT just so happens to be:

A possum:



Stuffed with a squirrel:



that is stuffed with a rat:



I know, I know. This is probably COMPLETELY GROSS to most of you! But naturally it's kind of HILARIOUS to me. Only because it's a fictitious thing (for those of us who don't reside in West Virginia).

The idea behind this conglomerate of road-killed animals is that all of these animals can be conveniently gathered while doing your normal day-to-day driving activities. Once gathered, you can stuff the rat inside the squirrel and subsequently, the squirrel inside the possum. And BOOM (like Madden says it), you have the posquat! Fortunately, I don't have a picture.

How nasty is that? Why I decided to share this and risk my e-friends thinking that I am some sort of loon, I don't really know. I guess my disclaimer is that it was not my idea/concept and I do agree it's gross. But at the same time it makes me laugh to no end when I hear the word used around the office by my co-workers. Ha!

Go ahead, stop reading my blog, forever...I don't blame you!

No comments: