Monday, March 5, 2007

Monday Morning MUTE

Don't you wish that sometimes you could just press the MUTE button in real life?
There's this woodpecker (or perhaps a group of woodpeckers) that sits in a tree right outside my bedroom window that pecks from about 7am till...Well, I actually don't know how long because I leave for work. For all I know it could be an all day thing, which probably sucks for all the retired folks who live on my street.

This morning, the woodpecker annoyed me moreso than it ever has before. I usually hear it when I get up and it doesn't bother me (read: "keep me from going back to sleep and ensuring I get to work late"). But this morning it really ticked me off. As soon as I got up and got dressed I starting thinking about getting some binoculars so I could find it's exact spot of perch and borrow my brother's pellet gun and take some shots at this fricking bird! Of course, I am not going to do it, just joke about it and rage about it on my blog, but I definitely had the thought.

All I could think of on my way into work this morning was old Woody Woodpecker cartoons where Woody would peck a tree so much that it'd snap and then fall over and break something. Hopefully that huge maple tree in my front yard hasn't crushed my roof by the time I get home.

Thoughts of that birds laugh now make me cringe because they remind me of the sadistic and satanic bird that woke me up this morning!

GUESS WHO????

No comments: