Friday, October 1, 2010

NFL Picks - Week 4


Much like the week before... I sucked a big fat one last week too. I only got 9 picks right last week. Let's do a quick recap of the picks that I got wrong...

Kansas City beat the 49ers: Apparently, I was wrong about the "coming of age" moment for Alex Smith. His coming of age was more like Memphis Bleeks in that, he's still "one hit away".

Atlanta beat New Orleans: I'm not mad about this one. It was a divisional game and they can be close/tough. Hartley (who I also have on my fantasy squad) jacked that money and missed the kick. Which reminds me, I need to drop him from my fantasy squad.

Titans beat Giants: Focking Eli "The Enigma" Manning. This dude - and his mildly retarded facial expressions and demeanor - cannot be consistent to save his life.

Dallas beat Houston: Like I mentioned last week, I figured Dallas would win this one and piss me off. We beat Dallas in week 1. Houston beats us (Redskins) in week 2. And now Dallas beats Houston in week 3. Makes perfect sense, right?

Rams beat Redskins: Again, I said this last week "I was expecting St. Louis to win last week and it'll be just my luck that they beat the Redskins this week. Because you know, we lose games like this. Remember when Dallas went 1-15 years ago? Yeah, they beat us. Remember when the Lions only won 1 game (was that last year or the year before?), yeah they beat us. So this type of game is right up our alley. SMH." Yep, smh again!

Seattle beat San Diego: Seattle may be very well on their way to proving me wrong. San Diego on the other hand..."They were who we thought they were!" That is, a Norv Turner coached team.

Chicago beat Green Bay: Another divisional game that could have went either way.

Now onto this week's picks. Let's hope I get at least 10 games right this week.

Atlanta over San Francisco: Atlanta showed a lot of heart and grit when beating the Saints so I'll take them at home over San Francisco. The Niners need a win really bad I just don't think they'll get it this week.

Jets over Buffalo: The Bills are winless for a reason. They suck. I'm expecting the Jets to pitch a shut-out.

Cincy over Cleveland: The "Battle of Ohio". Cincy has way more talent on both sides of the ball.

Green Bay over Detroit: This might be an upset special. Detroit came very close to beating the Bears in week 1. I don't think Matt Stafford's going to play but Shaun Hill is actually serviceable at times. Jahvid Best is a touchdown-waiting-to-happen so it'll be interesting to see if the Packers defense can stop him. But unless he has one of those Al Bundy games (4 TDs, Polk High, ya'll know what I'm talking about) and the Packers can't score on the Lions defense I see this being a rout.

Titans over Broncos: Pinball (Chris Johnson) will have another solid game. The difference-maker in my mind here is that they're going to be playing in Tennessee.

Seattle over St. Louis: Seattle will probably blow St. Louis out simply because I talked so much crap about the Seahawks over the past few weeks and because the Rams beat the Redskins last week.

Saints over Panthers: Carolina needs to get their running game together FAST or it's going to be a LONG season.

Pittsburgh over Baltimore: This is gonna be a game that all the people who love smash-mouth football will enjoy. Low-scoring, hit-fest. Whoever turns the ball over more than the other team will lose. Also, I think Ray Rice is hurt and why bring him back against the Steelers defense (at this point in the season) to take a bruising when they'll need him in the long run. Steelers by 3 points.

Houston over Oakland: Oakland is second in pass defense but near the bottom of the league in rush defense. Can we all say in unison, Arian Foster?

Indy over Jacksonville: The Jags are horrible this year. David Garrard is playing horribly and I don't think Dwight Freeney's presence will help that.

Washington over Philly: Obviously this is my "he's a Skins fan reaching out on a limb for an upset" special this week. I love what Mike Vick is doing but I'm picking my Skins to go to Philly and upset the Eagles. They've gotta rebound from that horrible performance last week.

San Diego over Arizona: No comment.

Chicago over the Giants: Giants only have six sacks this season. Unless that number increases dramatically this week, it's a wrap against Cutler's gunnin' azz!

Miami over New England: This is my real upset pick of the week (notice, I've only picked 3 underdogs, lol). It's a divisional game and the Dolphins played the Jets tough last week. The game is in Miami so maybe a little distraction from J-Lo in the owner's box will work in the Dolphins favor.

No comments: