Monday, May 23, 2011

Big K.R.I.T. in Baltimore April 28, 2011

I'm dumb late posting this footage but back in late April me, @RipRock81, @Antmonology, and my man Woo went to see Big K.R.I.T. at the Quarter at Bourbon Street in Baltimore.

Honestly, I didn't really have high expectations for the show. KRIT's a relatively new artist and though I like his music I was sure he wouldn't have the backing (financially) to put on a real big-time show. But that's actually fine as long as his stage presence and ability to get the crowd involved was decent. It turns out he was actually more than decent.

From the moment he came out and opened up with "Return of 4Eva" he had control of the crowd and rocked the stage. There were a lot of serious KRIT fans in the crowd because you could hear him telling people "ok ok I got ya homie, Imma get to that song, let me keep moving through my set". That is to say, that people had favorites they wanted to hear right then and now. That's a good sign for KRIT.

About halfway through his set I decided I should try to get some video footage, especially if he was gonna perform my song "Rotation". And wouldn't you know, not too long after I started recording, he goes right into "Rotation". Ride with me...


Overall, KRIT put on a good show and so did his opening acts though I can't remember the guy who was performing when we walked in. Smoke DZA and Freddie Gibbs held it down too. So much so that I had to go download some of their mixtapes to get more familiar with their music.

If you aren't already a fan of Big KRIT but you're a fan of southern hip-hop with that Scarface and UGK influence, you should get familiar.

3 comments:

I Like My HEiGhT said...

Slim is gonna be ALRIGHT!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yezzir!

Anonymous said...

PS - Shot out to all the Blicans out there.