Friday, May 6, 2011

Re-visited: Big K.R.I.T. - The Vent

K.R.I.T. = King Remembered In Time

I did a post on "The Vent" Monday but I had to revisit this joint. The first time I heard this song it resonated with me. Then, I heard it live and it resonated with me even more. Now, just about every time I listen to it, I get chills. That might sound a little funny but the fact that it gives me chills exemplifies one of K.R.I.T.'s lines from the song: "If it don't touch my soul, I can't listen to it". Not sure what it is but something about a few of his lines in this track along with the beat really do it for me. Some of the lines I'm talking about are listed below

In the midst of all the glamour hope you find God

If it don't touch my soul, I can't listen to it.

Too much shine can dull the soul.

I saw love in the eyes of a perfect stranger. She overlooked what's in my heart in search of a gangsta

Trade my materials for a peace of mind

Who cares about life and its highs and lows, I guess I should write another rhyme about pimps and hoes

Tryna take heed what I say in my songs, forgive me if I ever ever steered you wrong

Radio don't play the shyt I used to love, or maybe I'm just growing up


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nah Right should give you a shout out on this post too, lol http://nahright.com/news/2011/06/27/video-big-k-r-i-t-the-vent-live-in-nashville/