Monday, May 9, 2011

Video: Wale & Meek Mill - 100 Hunnit

Maybach Music Group's young gunz show why the got signed...



I liked this joint off first listen (read: before I saw the video) and think it could definitely be a club banger (not sure if it is already, ain't been to a club in a minute). I've been a Wale fan and just really started appreciating what Meek can do (dude is niiiiice). These cats have some potential and being a part of Ross's label right now is probably gonna help them with more widespread exposure which is a good look for them both (anybody seen Pill). Wale's "Attention Deficit album was pretty good work for a first-time release and his mixtapes are in my opinion some of the best mixtape releases over the last few years, especially the "Mixtape About Nothing".

Sidebar: Having signed Wale, Meek, Pill, Stalley, and Teedra Moses (not to mention his Triple C "bredren"), Ross looks like he's stacking up some good lyrical talent, a female and male singer for the hooks (Masspike & Teedra), and a manager with all the right connections (Diddy)...Potential, potential, potential...

8 comments:

Cryssy said...

as long as Wale is doing this I like him.... I didn't even realize officer ricky was staking folks like this....

i would actually like an mp3 of this one right here :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL. You are so classic.

Cryssy said...

*stacking*

and I am consistent :-)

Anonymous said...

*stacking*????

You definitely are consistent.

Cryssy said...

Didn't know officer Ricky was *stacking* artist like that.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he's building a decent line-up of rappers (that are probably better than him at rapping) and the Teedra signing was something that surprised me when I found out a few weeks ago. I wonder what she had to be thinking when she decided to roll with Ross. It's not like he's Babyface or LA Reid.

I always wonder why these singers who already have a following would sign to a rap label (ie - Teena Marie was signed to CAsh Money before she died). Doesn't seem like it makes much sense to me.

Tiffany said...

Teedra isn't stupid and she wanted control and she saw how he "hustle hard" so she went with a winning squad...every rap team needs a pretty lady, its the formula

Anonymous said...

I think the control angle is probably the one that makes the most sense to me. I just don't have any confidence in Ross being able to help market her in the way she probably deserves or should be outside of him featuring her on songs by the MMG guys. Outside of that seems like she'll have "control" of her situation but not the resources that come with a major label deal. But maybe she's gonna get the major label support vis-a-vis Ross. It's an interesting choice.