Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One of my favorite Kanye verses ever




A friend just made me think of this song and it reminded me that this was one of my favorite Kanye features at the time this came out and the more I think about it, this might be one of my favorite Kanye verses ever. He's got some slick lines in here ("switch my girls around like 3-L-dub) and a few lazy ones ("family in high places like Jesus niece") but overall the tone and content of his verse suit the song and his flow fits the beat well.

Uh! And don't be tryin to come around my girl actin like Mr. Friendly
And steal the spotlight like Mr. Bentley
I spotted her like Spud McKenzie
And for them fake boobies I payed them Benjies
Get your own, I got Paris he got Nicky he tried to get 'em a clone
He said yeah you know you got extra hoes
And everything you do is extra cold
From the Polo fleece to the Jesus piece
I got family in high places like Jesus' niece
Can I please, say my piece
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased
And this one here, is a heat rock
Spit like a beat box, the way the beat rocks
New version of Pete Rock!
But for that Benz I get CL love
So I switch my girls around like 3L-dub
I'm callin..

No comments: