Monday, August 22, 2005

Banging Makaveli in the IPOD...

While I don't own or plan to own an IPOD anytime soon, I got an email from a friend recently explaining her opinion on IPODs. I think it's kinda humorous and interesting.

----------

If one more person tells me I need to get an iPOD I'm going to scream. While
I recognize the inherent trendiness of a 10,000 song music library at my
finger tips and an 11 hour battery life (minus the iTrip) there's just
something wrong with having that much music at your fingertips. For someone
who nearly sets her mood for the day by what music she listens to in the
morning, the thought of someone having 10K options at their disposal
throughout the day is liable to make them a lunatic. Never mind the
additional technology needed to make the thing run. Where do you think
those songs come from, because you know they don't just magically appear on
the iPod.

But iPod will save Apple Computer (NASDAQ: AAPL). At least that what
everyone says, so it MUST be true. Hey, I'm not complaining, as a stock
holder if it's good for Apple it's good for me. Just don't expect me to go
down with the rest of society on this wave of technology. I still think
vinyl has superior aesthetic quality to digital music, and prefer film
development from negatives opposed to digital renditions. The second I
figure out how to abandon personal computer technology (minus in-car GPS)
I'm out! Hit me up with the next soon to be 42-cents stamp!

~Lauren

No comments: