Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Returning perishables???

Okay, is it just me or do you not return perishable items for a refund. For example, if I buy a box of frozen pizzas, get home and realize they're not the ones I wanted, I just take that as a loss...I don't return them to Giant for a refund...Or do I?

I say this because T and I were in Walmart on Saturday and this lady was in the customer service line returning some frozen pizza things. I thought it was pretty damn weird myself, but maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm tryna be too high-society or something.

Please advise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say you can return anything but produce. So long as it's not opened (or once open you realize it's spoiled and still have your receipt), then by all means take it back. But don't go through the regular line, holding up other paying customers. Take that issue to customer service, because for some reason, it takes a whole lot longer to return an item than it took you to find-stand in line-and buy said item.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so it's just me then. Oh Lauren, she didn't go through the normal line, it was the customer service line. And you're right, it takes ten times as long to return something than it does to simply buy an item.

Anonymous said...

I just didn't say anything when we were in line, but that is something that I would do. Once I made it all the way home looked at my grocery store receipt and went back for a 40 cent refund that I felt I was over charged....but as my luck would have it I read the sales paper wrong and the hot pockets sub brand wasn't on sale just the regular hot pockets....shame

Anonymous said...

Damn T! Held out on me on that one! LOL.

40 cents!

Okay people this is where Teia makes up for my lack of frugality. She really is on point with stuff like that. In that situation, I would have chalked up the 40 cents as a loss. Hell, I wouldn't even think twice. And I definitely wouldn't return a frozen food item. It'd just sit in the fridge for a year until I decided to throw it out.

T, keep an eye on me...PLEASE!