Monday, August 1, 2005

I mean yeah the trailer was cool, but what's the fuss about???

Hustle & Flow

I gotta admit that I was kinda siced up to see this movie. So much so that I planned to take my half-day last Friday and go catch this joint. Well, I did just that. But it wasn't as good as I was hoping. Fortunately for me though, I went to a matinee show, so at the very least I can smile and say: "At least I didn't pay full price!"

The movie was NOT that bad at all. It was defintely a movie that entertains you. However, I left the movie theater feeling a little disappointed. Terrence Howard was good in his portrayal of a pimp turned desparate rapper. I haven't heard that many "Mannnn"'s since Dead Presidents (remember his role in that movie). But overall, the movie didn't really move me or make me go "Wow!" like I had anticipated.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd have to give this movie a 7. It really left me expecting more. While I can't recommend that you avoid seeing this film, I will say that it's worth the price of a matinee admission.

Go see it and feel free to let me know your thoughts! If you have already seen it, let me know if it's just me or not. PEACE!

No comments: