Wednesday, November 2, 2005

20 things I learned from the "BET 25 Show last" night...

#1 - Alicia Keys song Unbreakable is my sh&t!

#2 - Mary J. Blige is the BOMB! From her "bop" while she's performing and ad-libbing to her soufoul singing, the girl is BAD! And she's got that FLYY swagger!

#3 - I know every Earth, Wind & Fire song ever made. I'm convinced. I must thank my mother for this because I KNOW she was playing this in the car and around the house while I was younger and it's forever embedded in my brain. Besides, "I'm a shining star!"

#4 - Bob Johnson's daughter...yep, I said it...She's young, but she's kinda cute. Please, STOP all your R. Kelly jokes ahead of time. I'm just pointing out what YOU WERE THINKING.

#5 - Bobby Brown entertains the HELL out of me! "When I say Bobby, you say Brown!"

#6 - I need to start listening to more gospel music

#7 - Donnie Simpson is the most suave and debonair man on the earth..."Yeah I know I still got it baby, I'm just trying to figure out why they still want it!"

#8 - I ain't afraid to admit that at 25 years of age, I think Bow Wow is COOL.

#9 - R. Kelly had some bomb ass songs! Before AND after the allegations.

#10 - LL Cool J is a bad dude! I got a lot of respect for him as an entertainer.

#11 - The HITS dude is hilarious! He needs to come back to BET regularly.

#12 - Ananda Lewis is a DIME!

#13 - Regardless of how you feel about Bob Johnson, he gave black folks a HUGE opportunity and a HUGE resource when he started BET

#14 - Black people are beautiful! Not that other people aren't, but it's such a wonderful thing when black people come together and have a good time.

#15 - Paul Wall gets wider every time I see him

#16 - I want a damn removable grill for my mouth! LMAO!

#17 - Nelly's on steroids! But his new song is dope.

#18 - I believe the rumors about Johnny Gill. All that's missing is a lil narcotic cocktail from all those Johnny Gill-Murphy stories

#19 - Rachel still got it...Caribbean Rhythms!!!

#20 - I'm tryna be present at the BET 50 show.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the list Mike!

Anonymous said...

I just wanna say hi and... daggonit! i know i live 100 miles away and even when i was up the street i still was m.i.a. but can a sista get an invite to a bowlin night, a sware', a lil get togetha-getha!? just for the sake of lettin me say i'm outta town? just so i can still feel included!? geez! :)-
luv,
kaisha

Anonymous said...

Kai, Kai, Kai! What's up STRANGER? You are always missing in action. It's great to hear from you though!

And I definitely got you on the invites from here on out.

Hope all is well for you. When's the date? And you know what date I'm talking 'bout!

Anonymous said...

december the 9th! 32 days!!!! i'll be away on an the island tying the knot! whooo hoo!
kaisha