Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving

This year, Thanksgiving's taking place at MY HOUSE! Wow! I've been thinking about doing this the past few years and finally it's actually going down. Now, for all of you wondering who's going to be cooking...I can assure you it won't be me poisoning my own family. Besides, the only thing(s) I cook well are:

  • chicken (fried or baked)
  • spaghetti
  • salmon

Anything else that I cook is pretty much a shot-in-the-dark. Maybe it'll turn out good, maybe it won't...It's your call.

So anyway, I am looking forward to this since my brother and I are holding down the spot right now. So it'll be like moving 4-7-1-6 to 6 Merk. It's a beautiful thing!

In case you care, here are some things I'll be thinking about while eating on Thanksgiving:

  • "Why are people making such a big deal out of the Young Jeezy snowman t-shirts?" I've been to Patapsco flea market and seen shirts with GUNS ON THEM! Why are we worrying about a snowman picture? It's the "snow" we should be worrying about! Say no to drugs everyone.
  • "Why did the Redskins lose to Oakland? I'm pissed"
  • "Why do I always have to sit through a damn Detroit and Cowboys game on Thanksgiving?" At least I understand why they won't be showing any "redskins" games on Thanksgiving! "There will never be peace on stolen land..."
  • "Man, I know Walmart is gonna be packed like sardines when I get there tomorrow morning at 5am! They better have the cute cashiers working!"
  • "Can I possibly save enough food to eat through Saturday night?"
  • "Damn Cad can cook his a$$ off!"
  • "I hope the Cowgals lose by 50 points!"
  • "I'll be glad when winter's over."
  • I wonder what all my friends are doing and if they're gonna be selfish and not invite me over to wherever they are and feast with them. Suckas!
  • I hope none of my web development clients call or email me before Sunday.


Things I WON'T be thinking about while eating on Thanksgiving:

  • Work
  • School work
  • How much it's gonna cost to get the leak in my car's sunroof fixed
  • The price of gas
  • How I am gonna be pressed to blog about Thanksgiving again on Monday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Hosting the fam on feast day. So long as my Granny's around I don't think anyone is allowed to set foot in a kitchen let alone Host the mini-family reunion festivities.

I myself am no fan of Lions/Cowboys games... if you're not paying attention the jerseys will confuse you. As non-PC as the classic Redskins/Cowboys Thanksgiving throwdown was, at least it made sense. That and if you were sick and happy from over eating could still figure out who's got the ball.