Friday, November 18, 2005

That's a Joke, Right?

Okay, now that I've got your attention...

I'm wondering you guy's thoughts on this...

http://sportspickle.com/features/volume3/2003-1119-daly.html

I'm particularly interested in hear non-Black people's thoughts on this article. It's website of sports satire, but (for me personally) while there's an odd humor to this story there is also a maddening offensiveness to it as well, considering, I'M BLACK!

This further goes to prove that point that someone (I can't remember who, but it was a comedian) said (and I paraphrase here) something to the effect of how SOME white people might try to talk like us, dress like us, rap like us, etc. But they wouldn't trade anything in the world to actually be BLACK LIKE US!

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, I am just expressing my feelings as a black man. Granted, this whole article is definitely a joke... But you know how sometimes you make a quip or a quickly jovial comment that really has some truth behind it? Yeah, I do that too! So don't act like we shouldn't pay attention to "funny" articles like this.

Some may say I lack a sense of humor off the strength of this entry but oh well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel you L. I was asking people's opinion because I want to be sure I'm not lunching! But I don't think I am. I think it would probably be a 50/50 split as far as opinions on this topic are concerned.

I'm pretty sure you're right in that black people aren't the target in this case. But it just makes me raise an eyebrow when things like this are written about in such a manner. Like I said, we all make comments that may come off as jokes, but have some real serious feelings behind them.

Thanks for thinking about it and responding.