Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"MIKE, YOU BE LUNCHIN'!!!"

I'm officially convinced that I am either dyslexic, retarded, "spread to thin", or just plain stupid.

Examples:

Dyslexic - I transpose numbers frequently. And I know most of you are reading saying to yourself, "I do that too sometimes". Yeah, sure you do that sometimes. But I do it all the time. How often do you mix up the last 4 digits of someone's phone number? Not daily I bet! Moreover, if I'm looking at mapquest directions, I quite often mix up the exit number (and letter if it exists) with the actual road I'm traveling on. Let's say I'm going south on I-95 to exit 98B...My route wil be I-98 to exit 95B. I'M DYSLEXIC!

Retarded - Oftentimes, I find myself fumbling through normal conversation with people. For example, how can I come to work and start a conversation with a person I've had ten billion conversations with before and forget how to speak? That's mental retardation! And it's more than just not being able to put what you want to say into words. It's a lack of knowing which words go together. This is only temporary (let's hope) but DAYUM! I'M RETARTED!

"Spread too thin" - I'm sure all of you have been told at some point in life that you shouldn't spread yourself too thin. That applies to me right now I think. Let's see...There's work, school, small business, organizing get-togethers, outings with friends, planning Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, reading while listening to music (try that one), blogging, listening to ideas that friends have for starting their businesses...That's all I can think of. Just call me Peanut Buttah! I'M SPREAD TOO THIN!

Stupid - BHill or L can vouch for how stupid I am. L has a much more recent example though. Let's just say...When everybody's got a secret they're trying to keep from someone, I lack the ability to send an email to everyone "in" on the secret without sending the secret to the person it's being kept from. Uhhhh, you guessed it...I'M STUPID!

I'm giving you all the opportunity to tell me exactly why I am one of the four aforementioned items....Feel free...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for 'spred-to-thin'. You said it yourself "That's all you can think of" because for each thing you listed there's like 10 things that are involved with each of those. There's keeping an active mind and having "other" stuff to do, but I do believe there is an upper limit to that. But you're holding yourself together well. One day/task/challenge/idea at a time.