Monday, November 7, 2005

FIRST: MEN dance together in the club???

This is another interesting thing I noticed last night while in the club. The event taking place was a hip-hop party. Basically a Sunday night party that's supposed to be like a Friday night party. Dancing, drinking, hip-hop, reggae, etc.

Last night however, for the first time, I saw two men dancing together in the club. And not just dancing face-to-face, but dancing like you see guys dancing with girls in the club...Like the CLIPSE..."GRINDIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!" This disturbed me at first. No one seemed to pay it any mind though. I was kinda shocked. But after continuing to dance and just mind my own damn business, I realized it didn't bother me as much as I assumed it would.

Some of you may be questioning why this would even bother me in the first place. If you are, STOP LUNCHING! I'm a grown-ass man! Grown ass men don't dance like that with other grown ass men. I will admit a slight homophobia but I like to think that I am more open-minded than a lot of men in general. And last night helped me become a little bit more comfortable in the presence of openly gay men. While it pretty much makes my stomach turn to see something like that, I think I am now better equiped to handle such a sight! Wheww, that was tough!

Anyway, this was a kinda important moment in my battle against this slight homophobia I have. Now, for the record, DO NOT expect me to completely loose this homophobia. It's not gonna happen! Every man should have some, I believe. But I am becoming a little bit more comfortable and accepting of men who live that lifestyle, even though I don't agree with it.

And I admit that I am a complete hyprocrite and uphold an unbelievable double-standard when it comes to women dating other women versus men dating men. Why don't I mind women-dating-women? Ask a guy...He'll tell you! I think deep down, all men have that bit of confidence in them that says "Even though she likes girls, you still got a shot homie!" Perhaps that's why?

I know this blog entry could cause some negative feedback towards me, but oh well, I had to put this out there.

No comments: