Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Fiddy Movie


I must say that after sitting through "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" last night I am quite impressed with the movie. There are no Oscar-worthy performances (although Terrence Howard's performace was great) but overall, the movie was pretty good. 50 didn't over-do it with his attempt at being a thespian, and they didn't over-do it with the gangster-izm. And they even managed to create a decent story.

Aside from the somewhat unrealistic scenarios in terms of the beefs between 50's crew and the Columbian cats and the shower scene, I was pleased. I liked the movie a lot and I would recommend that if you are a fan of 50 or just a hip-hop fan, it's worth going to see and it's worth the price of admission.

Now that I've given praise to the film, I have to pose a few questions/comments:

1. How much of this story is really truth? I think 50 said in an interview like 75%, but I find that hard to believe

2. Was the dude named JuneBug being played by Mike Jones? WHO?????

3. The shower scene...M&therf*ck#r for WHAT? Ladies, I hope you enjoy(ed) it!

4. Joy Bryant is cute and attractive, but not as BAD as everybody has been sicing her up to be.

5. Where were Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks? I know 50 had his crew in the film, but I can't imagine those guys were supposed to be Yayo or Banks.

6. Why does Majestic have the same netted shirt on the first 3 times you see him in the movie? And those appearances span like 10 years?

7. How do you think Irv, Ja (who is mocked in the movie via the character Dangerous), and Supreme feel about this film?

No comments: