Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Documentary: Bastards of the Party

"Everybody calls me Bone..." Yeah, me too!


In case Cle "Bone" Sloan looks familiar to you, it's probably because he was in the movie, Training Day. He's directing this documentary on the history of the Bloods and Crips. The film is also produced by Antoine Fuqua, directory of Training Day.

I'm a big fan of documentaries and this will probably be the next one I catch. It's an HBO Documentary so that probably means it's On Demand or will be On Demand sometime soon. Hopefully it's as educational as I hope it will be. Even if you don't watch this documentary, you should take a few minutes to read the synopsis.

"Gangbanging is not a lifestyle, it's a death style!"

6 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

I think imma check this out, and have the Kids check it out too, and do a talk about it...I LOVE the quote that you use at the end, and WILL be using it from now it...because it sums it up so perfectly....

Anonymous said...

I think it'll be very interesting. The fact that they're saying that the gang culture is a result of the ending of the Black Panther Party is what drew me in for the most part. I'd like to see how they tie those two things together.

Anonymous said...

Is this on HBO Demand???

Unknown said...

Yes, until March 12 I believe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I watched this as soon as I go thome yesterday.. It was really good

Anonymous said...

SWEET! Now I'm really looking forward to it.