Thursday, February 1, 2007

Throwback CLASSICS!

If you love hip-hop, then you love these:

Grand Puba (feat. Mary J Blige) - What's the 411



Ya'll see Mary was rappin' back in the day before this "Brooklyn" character emerged.

"Take no shorts doing lovely in all sports." Man that was my line!

"All my love is all I haaaaaavvvvvvvvveeeee!"
Grand Puba - I Like It



And ya and ya say New York City!" This is more recent but it's still classic Puba.
MC Lyte - Paper Thin


MC Lyte - Poor Georgie



She and Queen Latifah have been kicking that good from way back in the day.
Arrested Development - Tennessee



This is the first hip-hop song that my peoples were actually cool with me listening to. But you know I had all that "other stuff" way before they let me listen to this joint (LOL).

Fellas, this is MOTIVATIONAL!

4 comments:

Daneger said...

Young, Poor Georgie is one of my favorite MC Lyte songs man. But did you peep Lauren Hill in the video dancing around in that circle and kissing the dude in the close ups...LOL. Waaaaaaay before the Fugees!

Anonymous said...

yessir

Lawrenorder said...

"Lord, I really been real stressed. Down and out, loosing ground..."

Man all these songs have me finding my musical center. Thanks for the Friday pick-me-up!`

Anonymous said...

No problemo.