Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'd like a Wintry Mix with a side of Donuts

It's snowy, sleety, and icy in the Smaltiwhore, Murdaland area. Not really a big deal unless you are one of those people who forgets how to drive when the weather gets a little rainy or snowy. (Actually, that would mean the entire states of Pennsylvania and Virginia, who seem to be unable to drive in any type of weather.)

Yesterday I got off from work and had to drive home throw icy weather. No big deal. Heck, I even have a donut on my car from the flat tire I got Saturday night. But I made it from work to Pei Wei Asian Diner, and to my house. No problems. I must admit that this is about a 7 mile drive (maximum) through Baltimore City though. So it's not like I had to drive across town or anything.

I'm in the house all evening, organizing my bills, watching North Carolina vs. V-Tech, and I fall asleep. I wake up this morning to snow all over the place (through my view out the window) and I turn on the TV to see if my job's closed. NOPE!

We've got to be in the office by 10:30am today. Never mind that d@mn near everything between Baltimore and DC is completely shut down right now! Johns Hopkins University is open for business. Academic "business" of course. This place closes down for nothing short of a hurricane or a blizzard, seriously. I am glad that I actually like my job because otherwise, this morning would have been a much longer one than it was.

After learning I had to come in, I go outside and shovel my front and back walkways, steps, and clean off my car. I realized that shoveling snow is a pretty tough job but it's also fun for me. And it's also better shoveling snow than shoveling Sugar Honey Iced Tea. After sweating it out in 30-degree weather shoveling snow, I can only imagine how frustrating, tiring, and gross it would be to have to shovel chocolate chunks.

After I shovel everything I go back in the house, hop in the shower, and head to work...Right after a quick stop at Starbucks. LOL. In the Starbucks parking lot I had a little fun in the snow and did some donuts.



That's not me, but you get the point. I'm sure people thought I was losing my mind, but I had a ball. I finally got into the office around 11am and my boss and two of my co-workers were here. What did they tell me when I walked in the door?

"Mike, what are you doing here? We're CLOSED!"

LOL. It turns out that they announced that the school was shutting down for the day while I was on my way into the office. LOL. But I'm here now and I don't have the InterWeb at home soooooo...Me and that Little Brother CD will be having a good time all day. Not as good as Ray Jeezy and Kim K though!

Next time I know to just wait until 10:30 before I even leave my house.

7 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

yea I feel you...I am in the JOB as well..my job goes by the fed schedule and them jokers did NOT close today, only opened 2 hours late...so I too was out pressing it out cleaning the ICE off the truck this am...I didn't get in here until after 11 myself...right now I am going to press it out at work as well...at least you had power though...I have none, hence the reason I ain't trippin off being in here...although I am the ONLY MD person in the office...no one else is in here...and it doesn't help that the Dir and Dept Dir both live IN DC...so its easy for them to get here...so anyways...in short...I feel you

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a long day ahead. Good thing it's halfway over.

Daneger said...

Man I don't have power either and I still woke up on time...ain't that a b*tch!!! Don't even take advantage of the chance to sleep in when I get it. LOL
My job doesn't close for anything either. Even when the gov't is closed we are at work...no bull.

T.a.c.D said...

@dane that must me you are important emergency personnel....oh and I was up on time too just took my time since I was up on and off all night with the tree branches falling off and hitting my window

jendayi said...

oh! that's what you meant by donuts! i thought you were talking about actual donuts (crispy creams, cinnamon, sprinkled, etc.) when you mentioned that.

please tell me you're not paying for the interWEB.

Daneger said...

I thought he meant donuts too and I didn't even pay attention to it until your message JAC. "Krispy Kreme hit the streets make the dough boys go CRAZY!!!" LMAO!!!

Anonymous said...

@ Dane & JAC: "Do ya'll read blogs or just skim through it?"

Jeez!

Donuts as in figure 8's as in "I wish I had a Lambo so I could spin-out like the Big Tymers." LOL

Ya'll crazy!