Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Tuesday Morning Mash-Up

Common (feat. Kanye) - Southside

G.O.O.D. Music ya'll!



"A conscious nikka with MAC like Steve Jobs"
Nas (feat. Chrisette Michelle) - Can't Forget About You



"Heinous crimes help record sales more than creative lines..."

This song is SO DOPE!
Now Ebay sells it, but the Tribe used to kick it...



Just got this in an email from my co-worker. I never realized that this concept was something that A Tribe Called Quest already did. I wonder if it's just coincidence that Ebay is using this concept or if they knew?

3 comments:

Daneger said...

Man can we get a date on Common's album since you are giving us a teaser?
I'm surprised you didn't call reference to this tribe song being where Jay got that "Can I kick it....Well I'm gone" at the beginning of 22 two's.
Man the best thing about the Tribe video is that dude who was around for like that one album and showed up in all the video but did absolutely nothing except take up camera time...LMAO. He has on the shirt wtih the peace symbol. I wonder who's cousin that was. Oh and it's tight how De La (in the video this time), Leaders of the New School and Tribe always showed love to one another.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure when the album drops. Probably sometime in the 2nd or 3rd quarter I'd bet.

I didn't mention that Jay line coming from Tribe because Tribe wasn't the first to actually say "Can I kick it". I was trying to reference the "it" letters being used in the video like Ebay uses in their commercials.

"Can I kick it" predates Tribe also.

Yeah, it was dope how all those groups used to show one-another love. It needs to be like that now. I remember mentioning that that was one of the things I liked about southern artists, how they can all (or most of them) come together and just make a crazy azz crew track like the Top Back Remix.

But now I think the same thing that happened to northern artists is going to start happening down south. They gonna start getting big money and that's when the competition turns fierce and dude's can't get along no more.

Daneger said...

Nah young go back and listen to 22 two's after Jay says "And I'm gone" he say "what ya'll know about that Tribe sh*t" He was quoting Phife dogg when he said the same thing.