Monday, January 26, 2009

Another shyt-sammage from Ron Browz???

Actually, this latest Ron Browz track isn't as bad as the last one. Just for the record, I think Pop Champagne is crap. Jumping Out the Window was a second step in the wrong direction. This one, Windin' On Me, is somewhat better than the last one because this beat is much harder than either of the first two.

Yet-and-still I have yet to figure out why people enjoy any of these Ron Browz tracks other than the remix to Pop Champagne when he pops champagne "for Barack's campaign." Isn't it bad enough that Ron is trying to jack his style from someone (T-Pain) who jacked his style from someone (Roger Troutman, RIP)? Dude is literally like the poor man's T-Pain which says quite a bit.

Ron Browz has the unexpected effect of making me like T-Pain much more than I would otherwise. And I would even go so far as to say that enjoying T-Pain more has caused me to enjoy The Dream more (even though I have liked him from day one, unlike Teddy Pinned-her-azz-Down).

And just in case you're wondering who the hell Ron Browz is, here you go...


Dude's claim to fame up until the Pop Champagne joint was being the guy who produced Nas's song, Ether (which is why he yells "Ether boy" all the time). Ether was a SICK track undoubtedly but after releasing these songs I think Ron should stick behind the boards.

Not surprisingly, it looks like Cook Coke Crack is trying to jump on yet another trend (remember him on Khaled's bangers?) to make himself halfway relevant again. On the real, Fat Joe's last album was pretty decent I'm not gonna front. But it's so obvious that he tries to jump on everything that he thinks people think is hot for the moment. I guess he'll be making a rock album soon.

To my chagrin it looks like Ron Browz is going to continue dropping these lackluster club tracks. More power to him I guess. I'll just have to continue shaking my head every time I hear one of these sounds blasting through the club speakers. Blame it on the Goose...(LOL, now THAT is my you-know-what)

P.S. - The hottest thing on the InterWeb right now comes from none other than Ricky Mothereffing Rawwwws Officer William Leonard Roberts, called Mafia Music.

No comments: