Monday, October 24, 2005

Best Albums so far this year...

The following is a list of CDs released this year that I think are noteworthy. There is no order of precedence and feel free to let me know if I missed anything.

My genres are Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B. If there are other noteworthy albums from different genres of music, please let me know and help me expand my musical horizons!

Rap/Hip-Hop:
-Game, "The Documentary"
-Beanie Sigel, "The B. Coming"
-Common, "BE"
-Kanye, "Late Registration"
-Little Brother, "The Minstrel Show"
-Black Rob, "The Black Rob Report"
-Young Jeezy - "Thug Motivation 101: Let's Get It"
-Bun B, "Trill"

R&B:
-Raheem DeVaughn, "The Love Experience"
-Dwele, "Some Kinda..."

ADDITIONS:

Jron:
Ludacris, "Red Light District"
Pimp C, "The Sweet James Jones Stories" (FREE PIMP C!)
T.I., "Urban Legend" (Good look, I forgot that joint)
Slim Thug, "Already Platinum"
Worst Album...Mike Jones, "Who is Mike Jones?"

Lauren:
Vivian Green, "Vivian" (Most def Lauren, but she definitely changed up her tone on this album)

Tiff:
Stevie Wonder, "A Time to Love"
Anthony Hamilton, "Soul Life" (Dag, I can't believe I forgot this one!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think that Luda - Red Light District, T.I. - Urban Legend, Slim Thug - Already Platinum are a few additional noteworthy albums for the year, in addition to those already mentioned. That Pimp C is worth mentioning as well just off of respect. For absolute WORST album of the year..."Who, Mike Jones, who, Mike Jones!"

Anonymous said...

Vivian Green, "Vivian"

I can't say enough good things about that album.

Anonymous said...

I would have to add
Stevie Wonder
"A Time to Love"

Anthony Hamilton
"Soul Life" (his never released 1st album)