Monday, October 17, 2005

Early leader for the Dumbass Award for the Week...

ME!

This morning:

Woke up a little late, but not too late. Ironed my clothes, got in the car...

Making right from Hillsway onto Perring Parkway and the car in front of me has a clear opening. There are no cars coming so they can go. I see the car move forward so I look back to make sure no cars magically appeared (and I can go too) and I don't see any cars so I start moving forward. Only to turn around and see that I am 5 feet away from the bumper of the car in front of me. Why they didn't just go, well I dunno!

I slam on brakes, skid right into their bumper. BAM!

NOW! Fortunately for both of us 1) My car has that license plate holder in the front and 2) they were driving a Saturn with one of those rubbermaid bumpers on the rear of the car. We both stopped. I got out, checked out their car to see if it was any damage...None! Yes! I'm good, no insurance company info needs to be exchanged. One of the girls in that car literally hopped out of the passenger side with one shoe on (must have been getting dressed). I asked her if she was okay, she said yes. I asked her if the other girl was okay, she said yes. She looked at their car and said "Oh, it's cool." I said "Ayight, my bad! Have a nice day!" And we both drove off.

Whewww!!!!!

Moral of the story.
Before you press the gas, make sure the car in front of you actually merged. "Huh-huh...You BIG DUMMY!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Glad to see I'm not the only one those sorts of things happen to. However mine was a collision between 2 SUVs, theirs driving away without a scratch, mine permenantly mangled. 3 Cheers for escaping without incident!

Anonymous said...

HIP-HIP...HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

Shhyyyyt. You made out homie! That how I totalled my Crown Vic, with minimal damage to her Honda CRV, with the 5th wheel on back.

That was my "around the way" ride!!! I miss Miss Vickie!