Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Movie Review: Syriana



I saw Syriana last night with T. Not very impressed by the movie. I have to give it a 3 out of 5. I was pumped to see this film but there just wasn't enough action in the movie for me. I thought I would get to see something along the lines of Patriot Games but this was more along the lines of Traffic.

I may have been a little out of the movie-watching mood due to a nice argument in the car before we stepped into the movie theatre, but I don't think that it would have made much of a difference had that not taken place.

George Clooney let me down in this one. While I don't recommend that any of you guys see it. If any of you are aspiring politicians or members of the Young Republicans (shot out to Alex P. Keaton), you'll probably love it. Oil, Arabs, U.S. oil company execs, suicide bombers, corporate lawyers, etc...Right up the old beauracratic alley...SSSSTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-RIKE!

P.S. - The best part of the movie was George Clooney getting his finger nails ripped out one after another. Yeah, that really was the best part too!

No comments: