Monday, January 22, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Actually, it's not bad, depending on how you look at it.
With the first measurable snow of 2007 hitting the middle Atlantic states, I am realizing that I really enjoy snowy weather. I dislike winter (dare I say "hate"?), but I love the snow!

The crappy driving conditions; the need for layering up clothing; the newspaper on the floor on the inside of the entrances to the house; the sitting of your boots right by the front door to keep from tracking prints throughout the house; the clearing of snow from your car in the morning. All these things suck but they aren't enough to outweigh all the things I enjoy about snowy weather.

I enjoy going to bed watching the snow fall with streetlights as background lighting. I enjoy waking up and seeing fresh snow on the ground. I enjoy walking outside in the snow when there's no blustery wind and it's sunny. I enjoy playing in the snow like a little kid. I enjoy shoveling snow off the steps. I enjoy throwing on the old Eddie/E.B./"Bear" on from high school (please don't rob me, thugs) I enjoy snowball fights and football in the snow. I haven't gone sledding in several years, but I love that as well. All these things make the winter bearable for me and it makes me feel good inside.

I'm not too anxious to go on any camping adventures or climbing any mountains, but in general (though I have probably denied it), I enjoy nature quite a bit. Especially great views of nature (panoramic especially)! Something about it calms me and allows me to reflect on life and all the positive things I've experienced and maintain my hopes and dreams for the future.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

7 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

I think I agree with you on this one...last night as I was cooking I opened the blinds so that I could watch the snow from the balcony...it was a really beautiful,peaceful sight to see...now if it was enough to keep me HOME today, that would have been even better!

NegroPino™ said...

Yall need to man up down there. Us NEw Englanders enjoy this type of weather. THat aint nothing to navigate. Driving in the snow is NUTTIN......

Anonymous said...

Yeah, people down here do act retarded when we get a milli-inch of snow (ya'll like how I combined the metric scale of measurement with the English/standard scale). Forget how to drive, start buying up water and bread and shyt, get all pumped about days off from work WE KNOW we ain't getting...LOL.

but ahhhhh...Sounds like someone's a lil uptight about Tom Brady jacking that $ last night. :-)

Just a joke!

Daneger said...

"I enjoy going to bed watching the snow fall with streetlights as background lighting. I enjoy waking up and seeing fresh snow on the ground. I enjoy walking outside in the snow when there's no blustery wind and it's sunny. I enjoy playing in the snow like a little kid."

Is this the definition of a metrosexual or were you really trying to be poetic? I don't know, sounds kinda "sweet" to me. LMMFAO!!!

Who you on here trying to impress? You know your azz ain't watching no f*ckin' snow fall!!! LMAO

Anonymous said...

@ DANE:

D@mn baby-girl, you must be on your period this week huh? Maybe you can come watch the snow with me and relax a little. I got some wine and alladat.

Trying drop the M-Bomb and shyt. Very funny! Very funny! I still you're still upset about the video footage. I'll take it down man. All you have to do is ask!

Daneger said...

Did you just call me "baby-gurl"? You are queer hustling....I F*cking New It!!! LMMFAO!!!

Anonymous said...

You know why I called you baby-gurl FOOL! I will refrain from saying it in this comment out of respect for the women who have left comments or may read them.

Hater!