Thursday, January 18, 2007

Vacation '07: I love it when we're cruising together

So by now you've had time to read about the couple days leading up to the actual cruise. Now it's time to do a re-cap of what happened while we were on the boat. I won't be as long-winded with this post, I'll try to let the pictures talk a little (many of these pictures are courtesy of JAC).
The morning of Jan. 1, 2007 not only meant the starting of a new year, but it meant the day that we debarked on our 4 day adventure on the ocean. Starting from Miami, we headed to Key West, Florida and then to Calica, Mexico.

Day 1 on the boat:


This is actually in Key West, but it's the best shot of the boat

We boarded the boat at around 2pm. There was a mixer for our travel group at 6pm so that was pretty much the only thing on our minds, aside from food. So when we got on the ship we immediately went upstairs to hit the buffet. That's how you start your cruise off right! With a buffet, some complimentary champagne, and lots of new people to watch. Beautiful!


How could I forget about the death drill before we left the Port of Miami? Notice how a certain person with a Ron Jeremy mustache is completely asleep during the drill? CLASSIC!

Day 2: Key West, Florida:

The highlights:
  • Jet skiing
  • Kace giving me that call to let me know she found a jet skiing spot in Key West (siced me!)
  • Telling JAC I was gonna be up at 6am and off the boat ready to explore Key West with the ladies and getting up right around 10am or so.
  • Watching Kacey gun that jet ski like she is a professional stunt-woman
  • Trying to explain to JAC where the "towers" were when we we're jet skiing
  • Trying to keep my swimming trunks from turning into a "thong-in-the-front" while jet skiing
  • Having drinks and chit-chatting with everyone after we got off the jet skis
  • Two words: Conch-Fritters. If you have been to Key West, you know what a conch shell is, and I hope you know what conch fritters are too!
  • Jet skiing back to the place we rented the jet skis and running into BHill and his friend on their jet ski headed out. You know how you are on vacation and you're a part of the group and you bump into somebody else in your group somewhere and everyone's pumped? Imagine that in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean off the Florida Keys. BHill even has pictures he took with his waterproof camera. I gotta get those and update this post.
If I had to pick any lowlights in Key West, it would have been getting compared to Swizz Beatz for the one-millionith time and Woo getting sick and not even making it off the boat that day. I needed my dogg with me!

Check out the pictures though:


I guess I can't be mad about the whole Swizz thing, huh?






Kace, me and JAC getting ready to head out.




That's me in the front. I probably look invisible considering how skinny I am.



Before we move on to day 3, I gotta give a shot-out to my man Dane who has one hell of a way of sleeping. If you put your headphones on, turn the volume up real loud, and tune out the TV in the background, you can get a little sound of what I was talking about at the end of my first post about this vacation.



Shot out to my Motorola Q for this footage! I hope Dane doesn't whoop my azz for this, but if something does happen to me, you can find the culprit HERE!

Day 3: Calica, Mexico:

Highlights:
  • Stepping off the boat to a bright, sunny day. Not that it wasn't this case in Key West, but it just felt different
  • The ride from the port to the ranch we went to for our ATV excursion. The van driver we had was off the hook. Dancing around and talking loud. He made the ride enjoyable though.
  • All the Volkswagen Beetles on the road. WTF?
  • The ATV excursion itself. We rode ATVs for a while, took a break and 3 black guys (including myself) and a Mexican played volleyball. How often do you see THAT!
  • The swimming pool at the ranch. This is the only time on this trip that I was able to take a swim and boy oh boy was it relaxing!
Lowlights:
  • Carnival runs out of bottled water right before I get off the boat. So I have to cop two Red Bulls to drink. We're in MEXICO! How do they run out of water on the boat when they know we're in MEXICO! I was heated
  • Flipping over my ATV. I could have gotten hurt, but I didn't. Thank God! It was fun gunning that thing though. That is until I flipped it and had to propel myself off of it before I was crushed.
  • Again, my man Woo did not make it out for the excursion. He went shopping instead. Got some bangin' gifts for his family though
Check out the pictures


For those of you who cared to notice, this IS NOT the same shirt from yesterday! LOL. Same hat though. LOL.


This is the PRE-FLIP shot they took. LOL.

The remainder of my pictures are going to be from the cruise ship. Mainly the dinners, the formal night, and other random shots. I'll just do captions for them. But before I do that, I'd like to show you a little video of my man Woo trying to hoop on the cruise. It's really nothing special but since he's the only person out there in jeans and New Balance trying to play basketball, I found it quite hilarious!



The rest of the flicks


Formal night started off pretty formal


I got all Gordon Gartrelle'd up


Fellas were looking smooth...


Ladies were looking beautiful...


Dinner was GREAT!


Then the liquor kicked in (LOL). Yes, I'm a bama, but it's vacation. "I'm partyin'!"


The fellas clean up well, I think.


What do you think?



I have to post the picture below because it's the only picture I have with Fool AKA Mike and TC in it (two people on the left):



Last but not least, I HAVE TO give a BIG shot-out to our travel planner, "Aunt Tricie". We (read, Woo) put her though some difficulties prior to the trip and she held us down like a real auntie would.



So we had to show her some love the last night of the trip and get her a bottle of authentic Mexican wine. Woo picked it up but we all presented it as a gift. She definitely deserved it.



I have so many favorite moments from this trip and I want to remember them all so here they are (LOL)...
  • Jet skiing in Key West
  • ATVing in Mexico
  • Staying up late every night talking and walking around the ship
  • Yelling "We're not even on the boat yet!" in Miami a million times!
  • Laughing at Woo carrying around those silver balloons in Miami
  • Yelling Dane's name and replying "YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!" like Lil Jon (Don't take that one out of context freaks!)
  • Club Bed's food and partying with the ladies
  • The late night talk we all had in Miami
  • Dancing in the "Diamonds are Forever" club on the ship. Even when I got caught doing the chicken noodle soup dance! HA!
  • Peach Bellini's and Kir Royales
  • Dressing up for dinner
  • Buying souvenirs for my family
  • Seeing The Golden Girl's dad happy on the trip
  • TC saying "I know Bone, Woo, ..." at the mixer the first night on the ship
  • Beating the crap out of everyone on that basketball court (shot out to my teammates Woo and BHill who proved that's no "I" in "team" but there's definitely one in "winners")
  • Fool's joke on the plane ride home:
    Fool: Ayo Bone, what does a gay horse eat?

    Me: [chuckling already] I dunno man...I know you got some -ish up your sleeve with this one

    Fool: [putting on his flaming gay voice] HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY!

    I then proceed to laugh so loud that everyone around us starts looking at me harshly. LOL. I can't help it, I'm corny like that.
  • Just sitting back and enjoying Woo and his antics. The man is walking entertainment. I love it! If you don't enjoy this guy's company, then something is really wrong with YOU!
  • Talking with the fellas about something other than women. We really do have some serious discussions, contrary to what people may think
  • Dane and his professional talking. That man has a gift or a curse depending on your perspective
  • The view off the back of the boat late at night, priceless. Only a shooting star could have made it better. Okay, okay, stop laughing!
  • Getting lost going to dinner the first night on the ship
  • The comedy show on the ship
  • Getting on the plane to leave cold-azz Bodymore and heading to Florida!

10 comments:

jendayi said...

I actually laughed out loud at the following two lines:

"Trying to keep my swimming trunks from turning into a "thong-in-the-front" while jet skiing"

"Fool: Ayo Bone, what does a gay horse eat?

Me: [chuckling already] I dunno man...I know you got some -ish up your sleeve with this one

Fool: [putting on his flaming gay voice] HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY!"

CLASSIC!

And that my friends was our vacation. Fin!

Thanks Mike.

Anonymous said...

Good. You are forgiven for that Will Ferrell comment now

:-)

That vacation will still be talked about when we're all old and gray I bet. Good times, good times!

I wish you guys could have gotten to spend more time around Fool though. He is called Fool for a reason. That boy is HILARIOUS!

T.a.c.D said...

All I can say is...TIME OF OUR LIVES!!!! Classic vacay...you are right, this WILL be talked about for YEARS to come!

Anonymous said...

No doubt.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious stuff!

SY Mico Verde

Sailing Yacht Blog

NegroPino™ said...

WOW..U really do favor Swizz Beats in those pics....

Anonymous said...

:-(

Anonymous said...

Hey dude. I went on the same trip in May 2008. Key West and Calica were awesome! Do you remember which boat you were on? I was on the "Fascination" myself.

Anonymous said...

D'oh! It's right there plastered on the ship in your picture. That was the same boat I went on!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you. That was one fun vacation!