Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Miscellaneous Randomness....

  • Obama's smarter than any of us could ever have imagined: Obama to form panel to explore presidential bid

    Very smart move! I just hope it's not the panel from those "Man Law" commercials. More seriously though, exactly who is going to make this panel? I'd like to think it would be some sort of Black Brain Trust, but who really qualifies to fill the Black Brain Trust? Really, I'd like to know.

    For more of my thoughts on Barack, check here


  • Use my wireless connection at your own risk: A Singaporean teenager who illegally tapped into a neighbor's wireless Internet network was placed on 18 months' probation by a district court Tuesday

    I guess this means I should stop using that "star" network my computer's wireless card finds? Then again, this isn't Singapore. You people out there with wireless networks at home better get on your WEP-key GRIND! And YES, I know this probably should have been a web nerd alert.


  • God is GOOD: Embryo saved after Katrina is born.
    "Sixteen months after being rescued as a frozen embryo from a hospital flooded by Hurricane Katrina, Noah Benton Markham entered the world Tuesday morning and was greeted by his cheering family."
    Reminds me of something NaS wrote a while ago. It's not really directly related at all, but I think you'll understand why I thought of it...

    I existed in a womb just like an abyss/
    Came straight from spirit land my hands balled in a fist/
    Punching on my moms stomach kicking on her cervix/
    Twitching cause I'm nervous/
    Thought my intended purpose/
    Was to be born to reign, not in scorn or vain/
    But to take on a name, my pops chose for me/
    Bloodstream full of indo/
    Developing eyes looking out my belly button window/
    My father's face wears a frown/
    And I'm wondering if they even want me around/
    Cause I'll go back to spirit town/
    So I could rest longer before I come back down/
    The chute again, in the near future when/
    My moms and pops can agree on this/
    Was here before but my moms saw her gynocologist/
    He dumped me off, first they want me then turn around and they dont/
    You got a 120 days do what you want/
    But as for me coming back this be my last time/
    Abort me, keep me, give me away, make up ya mind/

    They must wanna keep me, cause 4 months past and I'm still alive/
    Guess I got what you call an ill-will to survive/
    When I look hard the lights is killing my eyes/
    I know when moms is laying down cause I get bored and start to get live/
    Move side to side hear loud music and vibe/
    All black babies are born with rhythm thats no lie/
    Solar energize, mineralize food through my mothers tube/
    I'm covered in this thick layer of goo/
    Month two was the least most comfortable/
    My umbilical cord choking me/
    But month 3 was closer, see/
    Thats when pops took moms to see the doc at the clinic/
    But I was saved cause he changed his mind in the last minute/
    Watching 'em yell, heard my moms voice well/
    Feared fist fights, so terrified when we fell/
    While they broke up furniture and smashed plates on the wall/
    I wondered if I am born will I be safe at all/
    This place they call the world though my view was so large/
    Couldn't wait to get up, grow up and take charge/
    Month 5, Month 6 went by, hoping I'm born in July/
    But the Lord already figured out a date and time/
    Septemeber 14th, 73/
    Get ready world, doctors in the front waiting for me/
    Arms open cause they know when I drop, alot of sh*t's gonna stop/
    See how the goverment will start re-training cops/
    Month 9, I'm a week over due, the labor induced/
    Pops told my moms to push and take deep breaths too/
    Said stay calm, holding her arm, I'm trying to hold on/
    Surgical gloves touching my scalp, my head pops out/
    Everything blurry, my first breath screams out/
    Tears pouring down my pops face he's so proud/
    Wanted to hold me, but I was so bloody/
    They washed me off and he said "At least that ni**a aint ugly!"/
    Placed me in his arms snuggly, laid me on my mother/
    Finally, I got to see who held me in her body/
    She loved me,and I plan to over through the devil/
    Y'all bout to see this world in trouble/
    Moth%rfuck%rs/

No comments: