Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Old but NEW Music

Today, I got an email from yourmusic.com about my latest monthly shipment of new music. I signed up for this website a while ago and as a benefit of membership, I get a new CD each month for $6.99 with no shipping and handling charges (check it out). It's a great site to find old music you never had the chance to buy at a very good price. Not to mention it feels good to get some new music every month so that I don't to listen to the same CDs over-and-over again like I normally do. I've gotten everything from The Gap Band to John Mayer to The Game to Leelah James to the Chipmunks XMas CD (which, now that I think of it, my ex-girlfriend still has...D@mn!).

I love this site. The only drawback is that they don't get new albums when they come out. You typically will have to wait a month or so after the album has dropped for it to appear on the yourmusic.com site. But if you're looking for old glass R&B, jazz, hip-hop, rock, or whatever else, this is a great way to collect all the old stuff.

It turns out that at the top of my CD queue for this month was The Best of Sade! Man, I am so siced about getting this CD. Sade and Anita Baker are two artists that I love because of my mother's love for them. My mom listened to Anita Baker and Sade when I was younger and as a result of seeing how much she loved that music, it made me love it as well. Now that I am older, I have a much better appreciation for their music than I did back then and it not only takes me back when I hear "Rapture" or "Sweetest Taboo", it makes me think about my moms. :-)

Right now I could use a little Sweetest Taboo, Smooth Operator, Nothing Can Come Between Us, and Kiss of Life. I'm already owner of the Sade Lover's Live DVD, which is a must-own if you're a Sade fan. This Best of Sade CD will be pleasantly welcomed to my car's CD changer in a couple days.

Oh yeah, I can't believe that I forgot to mention that she is foooyyyynnnnnnneee (fine)! LOL.

6 comments:

Daneger said...

I have had that CD for a while now. Defintely a good addition to the collection but I still need to get that Lover's Live joint.

jendayi said...

Ditto Dane's comment.

Lawrenorder said...

I snatched this album from my parents 2 weeks before I came to Baltimore freshmen year. I replaced their copy on their anniversary in September because I knew they weren't getting it back. After that they started hiding their CDs. :-) Nice pick.

NegroPino™ said...

Thanks for the link. I will hafta check up on that to add to my collection.

Anonymous said...

The Lover's Live joint is one of those DVDs you put in when you want to just chill and relax. I'd say that DVD, a glass of wine, and a nice dinner you prepared for yourself would be the perfect night at home when you have nothing else to do and just want to relax and kick back.

@Lauren..."Sticky fingers"

T.a.c.D said...

man oh man oh man..I know you are siced about that...I love that CD...I really do...but ALL of her CDs rock...Imma have to check out your spot