Friday, January 12, 2007

Ran-Dumb Miscellaneousness...

"Dude, you totally JAC'd that title!"
I'm siced about seeing Maya Angelou



I got the following message in my daily JHU Broadcast email this morning:
Poet Maya Angelou will be the keynote speaker at the Martin Luther King Jr. Commemoration at noon on Friday, Jan. 19. There will also be a special memorial tribute to Coretta Scott King.
Man, I am putting this in my phone right now so I do not forget! This is going to be special!

For those of you in Baltimore who are reading this, I highly suggest that you make it a point to come out for this speech, especially if you can make accommodations to be there on your lunch break. I'm sure it'll be well worth it.
Double-shot of Thera-Flu, on the rocks!

I'm trying really hard to catch a cold right now. I've felt it coming the last two or three days but I have done everything I can to fight this thing off. This morning, I'm drinking this last packet of liquid hell Thera-Flu. If this doesn't stop this thing before it starts, I may be out of commission by Sunday.

My typical plan of attack for colds is to get them before they get me. So I start drinking cough medicine as soon as I feel myself coughing a few times. And I sip on Thera-Flu whenever I feel like I'm starting to get congested or like a cold is about to come over me. I don't like to take medicine in general so I try to take minor stuff before I get sick so that I never have to take the "real" medicine when I do get sick. But of course there are times when there's really no way around taking the real-deal.
Woo, w-w-woo-woo-woo!



Gotta check out the ode to my right-hand-man Randy over at Zuri She Wrote.

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

Please take pics if you can of the Maya event...so sick right now that I can't make that...I want DETAILS!

and get some rest...that's probably part of the problem...and drink some green tea...OK that's the "momma TC" in me that just wants her homies to be good and well for the party on Saturday night!

Anonymous said...

Pics...I dunno. I don't have a camera. I might have to cop one just for this though.

Rest? Please! It's a holiday weekend! Good look on the remedies though

jendayi said...

=)

Anonymous said...

Girl, what you smilin' bout'?

;-)