Monday, April 9, 2007

The Best TI/TIP Album of all the times

Most people know of TI from his fame around the time(s) he released Urban Legend ("Bring 'Em Out", "U Don't Know Me") or KING ("What You Know", "Why You Wanna") times. However, I have been a fan of the TIPper since his album Trap Muzik (which is his second) and I even went back and copped his first album, I'm Serious. TIP has four albums so far in his collection:To his credit (or perhaps detriment), T.I. has pretty-much stayed the course and stuck to his street-rapper tendencies rather than completely crossing over like rap some contemporary rap artist/superstars have. Yet and still, TI has shown growth through his music as well as the ability to branch-out to other audiences through tracks like "Why You Wanna" and feature appearances on tracks from artists like Justin Timberlake and Be-YONCE (aka Beyoncé).

This weekend I took the time to go back through my collection of TIPper albums and listen to them all again. After taking a listen through each one I realized that my favorite TI album is TRAP MUZIK. And since that revelation, I have not been able to stop listening to this album.

From beginning to end, Trap Muzik is TI's most cohesive, easy to listen to, lyrically sound, and most creative album. TI shows versatility in his flow, lyricism, and content. He keeps it street on songs like "Doin' My Job", "Rubberband Man", and "Look What I Got". He puts his story-telling ability on display in "Long Live Da Game". He pleases the ladies on tracks like "Let's Get Away" and "Let Me Tell You Something". He even gets retrospective, regretful, and introspetive on "I Still Luv Ya". And he addresses the battle between his alter-egos on my favorite song on the album, "T.I. vs. TIP". T.I. is his more corporate/rapper side. While T.I.P. is that dude from the trap in Bankhead that still loves the life of the street. I'm sure T.I. isn't the first rapper to have this sort of alter-ego complex, but the way he addresses is stands out prominently. And even today he appears to still have a battle going on as he's decided to name his upcoming album T.I. VS. T.I.P.

Lots of people would probably note Urban Legend or KING as TIP's best album. But you gotta go back and take a listen to Trap Muzik. It's a classic TI album. And if you have more time, go all the way back to I'm Serious and check out "Still Ain't Forgave Myself", "Chooz U", and "What Happened". In the latter he addresses his kidnapping, which I assume took place during is dope boy days.

If you take a listen to all the albums in his discography, I think you'll find that TI has a nice collection of albums and has shown considerable growth as an artist since his first album. I gained a new respect for TI over the weekend and maybe if you take my advice, you will as well.
Naturally, I have to share the album with you after all this right? Check it out in my Virtual Playlist to the right...

9 comments:

jendayi said...

...with his FINE self. I was just talking about and drooling over him this weekend. Mmmm... He could get it! =)

Anonymous said...

Stop FAKING! LOL.

But you should go back and check out some of those tracks my man TIPper did for the ladies. You might just be feeling that man even more after that.

"He could get it!" Ha!

T.a.c.D said...

j-he could get it???!!!! Oh my...
syke let me stop faking cause you right, he could get it...2 times...HELLO!

Anonymous said...

I see both of you are in a stuntastic mood today. LOL.

K.C. said...

ya'll heffa's too tall for my man!
He got taste for the petite.

Anonymous said...

He got a taste for the TINY.

LOL.

jendayi said...

I'm about to sound real hood and ghetto right now, but Man FORGET Tiny!!! I don't even know why he wit her!! She aint got it like yo gurl over hurr!

j/k (slightly)

=/

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm officially waiting for you, KC, and Tiff to break out the Vaseline, take off your earrings, and scrap it out.

Daneger said...

I'm mad ya'll have turned this blog into the "who wants a 5'8" 160lb rapper the most" contest. LMAO. KC is right about the petite woman thing though...LOL.