Wednesday, December 27, 2006

HYPHY 101...Lil Wayne plays the guitar? There is a limit to my "gayness" but not Kobe Bryant's

"Ghost-ride the whip / Now . . . Scrape / Put your stunna shades on / Now . . . Gas, brake, dip, dip" - E-40
Since I decided to get hyphy this morning and ghostride my whip on the way to work this morning, I thought I'd drop some HYPHY on you guys this morning.

Back when the video below came out I blew it off like any other hyphy-related song I'd ever heard. But my friend Brandi loved this song and I can specifically recall at least three times when this came on and I was at her house and this video came on and she just broke out dancing. Not in a wild, overly-hyphy way, but in a sexy, fun, "d@mn I wanna seee that again" way. Since then, the song has grown on me because I think of her when I hear it. So without any further adieu or me showing how pathetically single I am right now, here's the video:

E-40 and Keek Da Sneak - Tell Me When to Go (ie - Hyphy 101)
(For the hyphy 101 instructional manual, skip to about 2:25)



The beat to this song is so-so addictive, but I could do without Keak Da Sneak (or whatever his name is) rapping. Naturally, this "movement" has spawned hyphy-spinoff's like Jagged Edge's "Stunna's". And of course, there's always the #1 Stunna (wah-w-w-w-waahhh!), which is completely un-related other than the name.

For a more formal look at what HYPHY is all about, check out this Washington Post article.
As if kissing isn't enough...

Lil Wayne and Baby serenade each other about their "leather being soft" (You're with me, leather).
"If you don't hop down off that buttersoft [leather] shyt wit ya shoes/Imma step on the gas/" - Jay-Z


Despite my sarcasm, this is the hardest (no Tony Homo) video out right now. It's quite random (much like this blogpost), but that's what makes it dope, I think.
Happy Feelings in the AIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR

Today I realized that there is most definitely a limit to my outward expression of happiness. And here it is below:



These guys are obviously elated about their junk being in each other's faces (as opposed to a box) or perhaps winning some sort of football soccer match. However, this is a complete no-no and is quite possibly the TEH gay-est thing I've ever seen! And you all know how I feel about TEH gay-ness.

Friends, family, and loved ones, you can rest assured that I will never at any point in my entire lifetime be happy enough to express it in that manner. And I am definitely using the word NEVER!
"What's under the Oops? A white girl..."

My XMas gift for the ladies...



Photo Courtesy of Deadspin.com

More quotables:

"Gilbert Arenas thinks this is not a 'quality shot'"

"This will get him that street cred he's been looking for."

3 comments:

Daneger said...

LMMFAO!!! Dude you have to be the biggest Kobe hater alive although that is the gayest picture he could possibly have done. Well I guess he could have one like the soccer joint....WTF!!! At least he can say he was young and dumb cause it's when he had the afro but damn...I guess I have to say that I got limits to my "gayness" too dawg.
What's up with Lil Wayne trying his best to look like a Blood in that video to cover up his frontin' azz holding onto that guitar? I think I need to write a Blog about that dude. LOL.

Anonymous said...

More likely than not, that's NOT a real picture of Kobe Bryant. LOL. I doubt that it is anyway. But it's hella funny either way! I am not that big of a Kobe hater. He's vicious on the court. But his personality is that of a punk, period. How's he gonna complain about Gilbo dropping 60 (on him by the way) when he is the biggest gunner in the league? He's a hyporcrite.

Wayne and Baby been on a red kick for a minute with the clothes and bandanas. I think that they are trying to be the pioneers of some down south blood -ish. Whatever.

The video is hard though with him on the guitar. It would really be dope if he actually knows how to play though. I mean, how many times have you seen someone so hip-hop with the attire and dreaded hair playing a friggin' guitar. But ultimately, I know my hope will be denounced and we'll find out he's just posing trying to be Jimi Hindrix or some shyt.

T.a.c.D said...

I don't know Dane, something about that photo just doesn't hit me right...its quite special....