Monday, November 6, 2006

Are You an Internet Addict: A Self-Diagnosis

Are You An Internet Addict? - Yahoo!

Uh-ohhhhhhh!!! Let's go through the checklist as it pertains to your favorite blogger:
  1. Lying about how much time is spent online...Nah, I don't lie about it at all
  2. General decrease of physical activity and social life...Yeah right. This definitely is NOT me
  3. Neglecting obligations at home, work, or school to spend time online...Work, maybe (keep that on the low)...Home, nah. School, nah
  4. Spending too much money on computer equipment or Internet activities...Nope. I'm too broke for that.
  5. Feeling a constant desire to be online when they're away from the computer...This is definitely me! But it's moreso the constant desire to blog.
  6. Going online to escape real world problems...This one's pretty humorous. I can't see myself going to anyone other than my friends and family for my problems. And God of course (there is power in prayer...even for heathens). This one's a no as well.
  7. Disregarding the emotional or physical consequences of being in front of a computer all day...Emotional...No...Physical...Yes (I'm going blind and I will be needing that carpal tunnel surgery by the time I'm 30 probably).
  8. Denial of the problem...No denial, I accept it with a smile (No Johnny Gill).
Okay, I feel better now...Back to surfing the web, downloading music, managing my fantasy sports teams, emailing, and oh yeah...bloggin'!

8 comments:

NegroPino™ said...

*whew glad none of this pertains to me*

Anonymous said...

I feels ya. And don't ask why I am actually up right now responding to this comment. I NEED SLEEP!

Lawrenorder said...

Who needs sleep!?
That's precious blogging time lost, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Nah. I NEED sleep!

Anonymous said...

ok. well according to this, you may not be an internet addict, but you're DEFINITELY something close to it! i would still suggest you diagnose yourself with something. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I know you ain't talking Dr. JAC! You are on here all day just like me. Now the reason I am not getting sleep isn't because of my bloggin'. It's because of my house (LOL).

I just have the computer running all night and every once in a while when I am taking a break from house stuff I check the computer.

But once the house stuff is settled down and taken care of, it might just be bloggin' that's keeping me up.

Did I just run in a circle or what? LOL

Anonymous said...

excuse me but i'm not blogging 2 to 3 times a day! ha!

Anonymous said...

I've been on a roll lately. I can't front. You got me on that one.