Friday, November 17, 2006

WELCOME HOME!

Today, a friend of mine that has been incarcerated for the last 7 years will be coming home from jail. This is a friend that I grew up with from the 4th grade until he was incarcerated during my second year of college. Not just someone I know or an associate, but one of the closest and best friends I've had in my life.

It's been amazing watching his growth as a person, mentally, and spiritually during these past 7 years. It's been painful listening to him talk about his 7 year-old son that he hasn't seen since he's been locked up. Its been difficult trying to help him decide what he's going to say to his son who knows he's been in jail after being lied to and told his daddy was away in the Army. But I think he now knows that the truth will set him free. It's also been humbling to visit him in jail and realize that all the problems I might be having are nothing compared to what he has gone through. And it's been motivational and inspiring to hear him encourage me to continue doing what I have been doing on the "outside".

Some friends have been in my life for a season, but I know that this friend has been in my life for a reason and I thank God for that and I thank God for this friend.

Welcome home playboy! Welcome home! I know you don't drink or party, but the fellas poppin' something FOR YOU tonight!

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

Wow 7 years...well I am glad he is coming home...I have a lot to say, but I will just replay some memories of you guys and it has me truly smiling...I know that tonight will truly be a speacial night...
Peace