Thursday, November 2, 2006

Flavor of Coon: Setting black folks back approximately 150 years...

Coon-TASTIC article on SOHH.COM about the show's finale. At least I guess this was the finale since I didn't watch this daggon show.

And as if the Flavor of Coon show was bad enough, now this chick New York is getting her own show??? WTF? Pathetic. WE (and you know who I mean) must love this minstrel show alot because VH1 isn't afraid to dump loads of money into producing a show about a chick who's famous because of her love for Flavor Flav!!!! Seriously, what is the world coming to?

...And JIGS all across the country go CRAAAAAAZY! Just like the Dope Boyz do when they play that new JEEZY!

Black women across the country should protest this BOWLshyt. Seriously though...Because ignant people (meaning people who "don't know [reality]") throughout the world watch these dumb broads and think that's what black women act like in general. Again, ignant people. Educated folks should know the difference between TV and reality most times. Granted, there are (unfortunately) some people who act JUST LIKE THIS, it is not a comprehensive reflection of black women or black people in general and it *may* very well be interpreted as such by those who simply haven't been exposed or just don't know.

More importantly though, young blacks who have no real parental guidance or family structure *may* watch this bowlshyt and think that's how they're supposed to act. Young black girls, this shyt is FAR FROM CUTE! No matter how much your auntie and/or momma laugh at this shyt or how much attention your male family members give to the hoe-asis that is presented via this show. Don't fall for it! Remember...
...you're my, beginnin my end/
You're my sista lover and friend/
God is, your light from within/
It shines through your beautiful skin/
What they, say bout you ain't true/
There's no me if there is no you/
I hope, that you understand/
You got to respect yourself before I can/

More ignance:
  1. Clinton Portis is dating Deelishus now???

  2. Buckwild selling the shoe she threw at New York on Ebay: This chick has to be broke as all hell

5 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

And IF that wasn't enough...MTV has a new show coming out entitled "Rob & BIG" its a show about this white skater named Rob and his bodyguard/best friend a Black dude name BIG...there was an actual article in today's Washingtonpost Express entitled "another minstrel show from MTV" carzy right...it talked about how the show is supposed to be about the relationship between Rob and BIG, but it basically is a show about Rob poking fun at BIG, even going as far as to dare him he can't run five miles, and when BIG actually loses the dare making him sleep outside in the dog house...

I don't know what TV is coming to...and you are right...we are Beautiful Black Skin...I love that reminder

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw a preview of Rob and BIG where you have the gargantuam black guy being the wingman for a short ambiguous white guy. I can only imagine...

But the sad part is that Blacks embrace these dumazz shows in large numbers.

I mean, I watch the WIRE, but one thing you can say about that show is that it's less glorification and more thought-provoking and educational.

These shows that just show US acting wild, crazy, lude, and lacivious should not be so widely accepted by black people.

Anonymous said...

It's funny how we'll accept shows where they show us acting like niggers, but as soon as someone who isn't black says the word we're so quick to beat some azz...That, my friend, is azz-backwards!

Anonymous said...

I would love to get this mess along with the entire BET broadcast OFF of tv. I HATE BET with a passion for the very reasons you mentioned in the post. Everytime I turn on that station, I feel demeaned. It's so embarassing.

Anonymous said...

I feel you on BET. I don't watch much on BET anymore. Maybe Freestyle Friday on 106 & Park. I think the last thing I watched regularly was my girl Keyshia Cole's reality show...Which was sorta ghetto in its own right. LOL.

But I think that BET does have some decent gospel programming, though I don't watch.

VH1 is slowly trying to pass BET in the race to make Black folks look like ignorant fools on national television.