Thursday, November 30, 2006

As I traverse the InterWeb, I found a few videos...

and I realized that Nas makes some of the best hip-hop videos. Unfortunately though, the video for Hip Hop is Dead, is NOT one of them:



This video is like a cross between One Mic and Thief's Theme (see below). Not to mention the beat from this song is a total reproduction of the beat from Thief's Theme reverse Kanye'd (slowed down sample, not sped-up).

Thief's Theme:

"This ain't rapping, this is street-hop/So get up off yo azz like yo seats hot!"



This song is bangin' and the video is so raw and hard (no Johnnycakes).

"The Thief's Theme, play me at night they won't act right/A fiend of hip-hop, it's got me stuck like a crack pipe/Through mind elevation react like I'm facing time-life/Kathy Mason with pens I'm embracing/"...Man, Illmatic is that SHYT!

One Mic:



One of my favorite songs and videos of all time. This is probably my favorite song off of the "God's Son Stillmatic" LP.

I also ran across this new joint from Jeezy that is pretty good:

WARNING: Some serious stripper scenes in this joint. You know, that uncut -ish.

Bury Me A G (Courtesy Allhiphop.com)

The funny thing about this song/video is what he wants to be buried in (LOL). Is he the epitome of street fame or what? LOL. The video is tight though with the story it tells and Jeezy's narration. I figure this is part of some straight-to-DVD movie he'll be realesing with his CD.

I think I might have said this a minute ago in some post, but Jeezy definitely isn't changing up his style for Thug Inspiration. I guess that can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you feel about his music. But if this joint and the joint with Luda is on his CD, it might be alright.

4 comments:

Daneger said...

Dawg, One Mic is off of Stillmatic, that the joint with Ether....not God Son (Is that why you think God Son is so good, because of this song?). But yes that joint is a fire track.

So which renidtion of that beat on Hip Hop Is Dead is the best....HHID or Thiefs Theme?

Anonymous said...

My bad. I meant Stillmatic. I always get those albums confused.

Thief's Theme is way better than this Hip Hop is Dead joint as far as the beat goes. As far as the content of the song goes I think Hip Hop is Dead is better.

T.a.c.D said...

hip hop is dead: Feeling the song...not the video (video's includings Jay's jsut ain't been on it lately...man)
And you are RIGHT Thief's Theme IS way better...BUT Imma get the album...I will get that before I get the new Jay joint...yea I still ain't got it yet, just wasn't totally motivated to get it...BUT I will get it before the trip...still man...I'm just not excited about hip hop that is coming out...eeeessssshhhh

Anonymous said...

But that Jeezy video I linked-to is TOUGH. The concept and how the story plays out.

How can you not be motivated to buy a Jay-Z CD...You ain't a real fan.

I'm telling you, everybody (including me) is giving it lukewarm to bad reviews, but I think that in a couple months most of us webnerds, critics, and bloggers will have a change of heart. It's growing on me. And if Dane's fuggin' cuzzin calls me one more time to ask about some shyt on that CD I am going to hire Dane to take out his own cousin!

Nas' album should be dope though, from what I've heard. He got a joint with GAME and Marsha from Floetry that is VICIOUS!

The Clipse CD is ayight too.