Thursday, April 26, 2007

NewsFlash: The Orioles still SUCK! But AutoStitch doesn't!

Since this is a New Era, I got a fresh new hat"
Last night me and my man J-Rock (Jon) went to see the Orioles play the SOX (Red Sox). Jon was nice enough to let me and his cuzzo Dane battle over the second ticket and naturally, I won. Okay, we didn't really battle. I offered Dane to go (read: bowed out) so there would be no kicking of my azz, to which he responded that I could go ahead and go. So that's how I ended up at the game.

As usual, the Orioles sucked. As usual, baseball was boring. Though I will say it is a little more fun being at the game than watching on TV. Jon and I spent most of our time talking about non-baseball related things, drinking beer, eating peanuts, laughing, and joking about how bad Manny Ramirez, Curt Schilling, and David Ortiz were going to thrash the O's (even though I had that bright azz Orioles hat on I jacked from my brother). Speaking of, here are a few shots of those guys I was able to get.

Big Papi (David Ortiz)



Curt Schilling



Manny Ramirez



In the end, the Orioles lost (as we both expected them to). We left right after the 7th inning stretch (gotta be there to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game") and headed to our cars. All-in-all it was fun because I was there with my boy and we had some banging seats about 10 rows behind home plate. And whenever I'm with one of my boys, we can pretty much make any event fun/enjoyable. Even though the game was boring, I'll probably go again sometime in the summer if I'm bored and have $20 to throw away on something.

Now for the more interesting part of this post. A week or so ago, my co-worker introduced me to this application called AutoStitch. Basically, what AutoStich does is allow you to take all these pictures below and combine them into a single shot.







You may not have noticed, but these pictures are panning the baseball stadium skyline from right to left. I took all these photos right after one another in about 20 seconds time by shooting, moving the camera a little to the left, shooting, and so on.

When I ran the pictures through AutoStitch, it blended all those pictures together to create this (click on the picture for full version)...



I took this flick and cropped it to create the final image you see here (click on the picture for full version)...



Now to me, that's DOPE! To learn more about AutoStich or to download the (free) application, visit:

AutoStitch

1 YASELF! Peace!

12 comments:

K.C. said...

That's fly! Lemme me buy a digital camera, first. How bout it!? I'm always late....like 5 years. You took that pic with the new camera you just bought?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I took the pictures with the camera I just bought.

BUT...

How bout my friend just told me that I am late! LOL. She said her camera comes with that autostitching feature. So now my dumazz gotta check my own camera to see if it has that feature. I bet it does. LOL.

T.a.c.D said...

i got a camera on sat and took it back sunday...it didn't have all that i wanted so imma wait and put it on my b-day wish list because $99.99 gets you a $99.99 camera which ain't bout nothing...HA!
and so with that said...how about it will take me another 2 years to catch up with this autostitching stuff you guys are talking about

Chance said...

I like baseball, it is much more fun watching it. I went to see the Expo's when I was about 9 with my first love, My Dad.

Ohhhh I have to try out that auto stitching stuff. I have 3 digital cameras here and don't all the features with any of them.

What kind is yours?

Anonymous said...

I have an Olympus FE-230. Pretty nice camera. I have absolutely no complaints thus far.

Expos? That's some throwback baseball right there. LOL.

K.C. said...

I see ya' boy Elliot Yamin...got his mouth closed on that album cover....them teeth need some work! LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL. I never knew who this guy was until about a week ago when my friend told me about his CD. I don't watch Idol.

Anonymous said...

hey, KC...he did get'm fixed..check this out

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/mommm1/elliottsteps.jpg

btw, I love Movin On...Train Wreck is hot, too.

Anonymous said...

That's how my ish gon' look after I get these braces off! LOL

jendayi said...

auto stitch is amazing.

Anonymous said...

who is the dude in the orioles hat?

Anonymous said...

I have no idea.