Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend in Review

Friday Night:

I went to the movies to see "I Think I Love My Wife". This film is definitely not going to go on my favorite movie list. The ending was HORRENDOUS, but seeing Kerry Washington (shot out to KC) in her vickies might have been worth the price of admission. I say MIGHT because she plays a manipulative, attention-whoring jezebel (ouch). But seeing her in the bare essentials toward the end of the movie kind of made up for that. Fellas, if you have seen the movie, you feel me I'm sure. But if you haven't seen the movie, don't waste your time!

After the movie I ate at this spot called Potbelly's which was pretty daggon good. And the guy they had in there singing Aaron Neville songs was off the meat rack (no joke). Thanks K for putting me on (and paying for my sandwich).

Saturday:

Digital Camera

I ran a BUNCH of errands Saturday during the day. The most enjoyable of them was copping a new digital camera, the Olympus FE-230. After having lost TWO digital cameras in South Beach (not during the same trip though), I vowed for my next digital camera to be small enough to wear around my neck so that I could hang it around my neck (yes, like a BAMA) and not have to worry about where it is every 5 minutes. I'd rather deal with that thing swinging from my neck and bangin' me in the chest than losing another one.

With that said, the FE-230 is small, light, but still packs a nice punch with 7.1 megapixels, a 2.5" LCD display, a great zoom, and all types of other stuff I will never use but are great to have. And on top of that, you can buy a metal neckstrap accessory from Olympus to hang the camera around your neck. SWEET! I was so excited about getting a new camera that I copped a 1 GB memory card off Ebay as soon as I got back in the house. Expect to see more pictures on my blog now that I have a new camera and will soon have a memory card that can store a crapload of pictures. Not to mention more pictures on my FlickR homepage that you can check out too (if you have a FlickR account).

Common

This morning I got an email from my friend Lesley asking me about the Common concert. I told her, "It was nice!" She responded by saying:
"Nice, Nice that's all you can say, you went to see Common in concert and all you can say is Nice. I need more details."
The quick run-down:

Common put on a nice performance. It was pretty much the same performance I saw him do last summer here in Bmore at ArtScape, but it was still tight. He did a song off of his new album, "Finding Forever", called The People. It was a pretty good track. And of course, he took the time to pull a young lady out of the crowd and rap to her, grind with her, and pretty much make all the other ladies in the crowd salivate. Aside from that special part of the performance, he took it back to the roots of hip-hop and did a little breakdance routine as well. That was DOPE! And he also gave his DJ the spotlight for a few seconds and this kid (he looked young as hell and I can't remember his name) RIPPED IT! I was nodding my head, waving my hands, and doing the "same ole 2-step" for the entire performance so needless to say, I had a good time.

Sunday:

Sunday was my day to return to being a house-negro (LOL). I washed clothes, went out to a couple stores,returned some jeans to Old Navy (they don't make jeans long enough for me), bought some drapery rods and drapes from KMart, came home and put up my drapes (got to use a drill for the first time though, cool), and then watched the Sopranos and Entourage. Pretty relaxing day. I know, it's boring, boring, boring. But you would never have guessed that it was a long, rainy weekend here in SmaltiWhore, would you?

This weekend coming up, I have my boy's bday dinner on Friday (Bay you old DOG), which will be followed by the JHU Reunion Young NERD Alumni Ball. On Saturday I have my family's monthly Family Day which is sure to be hella-fun, and Sunday I might be getting up early to go hoop at Run-N-Shoot with my boys from back home.

Stop! Camera time!

11 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

No matter how bad the movie might be, you at least have to give Chris Rock props for hiring the right ladies ... For my tastes, Gina Torres is even hotter than Ms. Washington, but it's a close call

jendayi said...

LOL. Is that what it's come to? Wearing the darn thing around your neck!!!?? I'ma start calling you Baby Bone. Grown men don't carry cameras around their necks. lol. =) I'm happy you got a new one though. Yay!

I loved that movie. I'm sad you didn't. And I disagree with your thoughts on Kerry in her Vickies. I usually give a woman her props but I couldn't give any to Kerry. =/

Sounds like a fun weekend ahead!

Anonymous said...

Kerry > Gina (in my opinion). I'm actually not even a fan of Kerry like that but in this case I'd go with her.

The movie was pretty lame after all the silly decisions he made just kept getting dumber and dumber. I dare to call them unrealistic, but men in LUST do some crazy shyt sometimes.

And to think, I was supposed to be going to see Shooter.

Anonymous said...

JAC: The movie sucked. So badly that Kerry's minimalist bootay in those panties (or were they hot pants) made the movie better. Now think about that. If THAT made the movie better for me, how badly must the movie have sucked?

Best part of the movie is the end when he realized he was lunching and he needed to NOT screw up his marraige and career because of ole' HomeWrecker.

jendayi said...

But men go through that all the time Mike. I didn't think it was unrealistic at all. And I thought it was very interesting to see the story from a male's p-o-v.

I walked away from that movie thinking that if you don't think your husband/finace/bf hasn't thought about it or at least done some over the line flirting with another woman, than you're sadly mistaken.

Monotony can do that to you. I did it to me.

Unknown said...

I didn't think some of the thoughts he had were unrealistic, but the impromptu trip to DC and every other encounter with her thereafter just seemed unrealistic. I guess I was just sitting back thinking: "When is this guy going to learn".

But I recognize that men/women do this all the time because like you, I've been in a similar situation. Hell, I am pretty sure I've been on BOTH SIDES of the monotony stick. I've been boring and I've been bored. LOL.

jendayi said...

you think that trip was unrealistic? ha! understand the powers of a woman Mike!

K.C. said...

now, how did you know that I had been trying to figure out what digital camera I should buy?! You psychic genius...thanks for the tip. I'm about to START my pic game. I was never one to keep photographs..then I realized....I'm tired of getting pictures from other people about MY life! Good luck with this one Mike...do you think you'll make it to the cruise with it?

Anonymous said...

KC: Lucky post, I guess. I will definitely be making it to the cruise with this camera unless something ridiculous happens like it stops working on it's own. I won't be losing this one.

But, if I do, I'll buy another and just lie to you guys. LMAO!

It is What It Is... said...

GEEZE! I'm so glad you got a camera...please don't lose it this time...hahaha!

Anonymous said...

I will not be losing this one.