Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Involuntary Workout

Today around 4:30pm I found out I was going to have an involuntary workout. My car has been in the shop the entire day. I dropped it off this morning and rode my bike from the mechanic to my job. At then end of the day I found out two things:
  1. That my car was not done but that the original problem diagnosis was incorrect. What's most important about this is that it's not as serious a problem AND it will not cost me as much money to get fixed.
  2. I would not be able to get my car today before they closed because they still had my care "tore apart" and they couldn't put it back together in time for me to pick it up before they closed at 6pm.
With all that said, it meant I was going to have to take an involuntary trip from my job to my home, via my bicycle.

The distance from my job to my house...EXACTLY 4 miles

I took off from the job at about 5:15pm and I made it home at approximately 6pm. The ride is mostly uphill so I assume I could have made it home by 5:45 if that were not the case. It was one heck of work-out, I must admit. And to think I planned on going to the gym after work to work-out but instead I got a work-out on my leisurely ride home.

7 comments:

K.C. said...

that sounds so freeing...riding your bike home from work. I think I'd do that if I could. Imagine how much money I'd save...wheew!...but It'd take me 24 hours to get from Bowie to Bethesda...oh well.

Anonymous said...

If freeing equals relaxing, then YES!

Chance said...

Awwwwww, I bet you were tuckered out, but Number 1 was a good thing.

Beautiful Blog!

jendayi said...

I would have loved to see that. Were you in your suit/business casual attire too?

Anonymous said...

@Tantrum: It was tiring in the end, but definitely a calm, relaxing ride.

@JAC: No business attire. The dress code at my job is actually casual so we can wear anything we want. I usually dress business casual most days but I had on jeans yesterday because I knew I had to ride my bike from the mechanic to my job.

The ride into work this morning though...Sweatpants and a hoodie with some Nike's on. Fun! I gotta go throw on my business casual attire now though. LOL.

T.a.c.D said...

i like how you came right home and blogged about it...
i can picture you now riding...but maybe I can see it because i have seen you run and do other physical things...
i would love to ride at least to and from New Carrolton Metro...but that would be what 12 miles...so a, NO...won't happen...lol

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I look like dork. LOL.

12 miles...I wouldn't even think about doing that. That's like riding from your mom's house to the White house.