Tuesday, April 17, 2007

You Friggin McFLY

"Let's see how many dumbazzes go pay $150+ for these joints..."
Just cruising through NahRight - Lite and found out that Nike is releasing the Air McFly joints from the Back to the Future film. Come to find out that at some time there was an online petition for these joints to be released.

Ahem...WTF?



For more pictures and the full post, check out SneakerHunt.com

I'm a shoe fiend just like the next guy, but my penchant for purchasing tennis shoes ended around the year 2000. I can't see myself as a 26 year old man with a day job walking around in these shoes. Not even to a cookout or a party or a football game or any other casual/recreational event. I just can't! But to each his own I guess. I bet my brother could rock the hell out of these joints though. I wonder if he'll cop a pair...
(UPDATE: There is an official website for the McFLY 2015 Project. Wow.)

7 comments:

A. B. said...

I was totally joking with my wife about this when I was watch Back to the Future 2 this weekend. I saw then and I was like I would rock them if the made them... Joking of course. I will totally get them for my little man I figure they will look slick in a boys size 9.

Anonymous said...

Yeah man. You know how MOST shoes look dope in kids sizes. But when you wear a 14 them shyts going to look like moon boots! LMAO!

jendayi said...

I remember having this discussion with you about tennis shoes. They're all ugly and this just further proves my point. Stupid foamposites! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember. The foamposites were dope back in the day but I think that you have to take into consideration the age factor. I was like 19 or 20 at that time. Most of us have nothing to spend our money on around that age except clothes, tennis shoes, and other stuff.

I'm sure these joints will be like the foamposites were for some kids coming up now. That is, if they actually get released.

Daneger said...

Wow! WTF!!! Are they serious...LMAO. You know the funny thing...I thought those shoes looked so much better when I was like 12 (or whenever the movie came out) so these youngins will probably like them joints. All they have to do is make them like $165, make Melo, Lebron, or TI wear them in a commercial and it will "make the dope boys go crazy!" Mark my words.

T.a.c.D said...

one word: HORRIBLE!
and this is from someone that specifically looks for and likes "different" types of shoes...especially sneakers...but this, this right here is taking it too far

Anonymous said...

I agree with both of you Dane and Tiff. This is going to make these young tennis shoe fiends go crazy like Dane said and they're also hella-ugly.

"Good googooly moogooly!"