Monday, April 16, 2007

I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine...

[today] when it jumped off at V-Tech, I had this on my mind...



I know some of you are shaking your head at me right now (not you though, DP).

But on a serious note, my prayers go out to the families of those wounded or killed during this tragic set of events. I can't imagine how scary this had to be for the students who survived and how painful it is for those wounded and their families. Not to mention the families of those who lost their lives today.

"It's a war goin' on outside, no man is safe from..." - Prodigy of Mobb Deep

As most of us bruhs have already known, it's not safe for ANBYODY, ANYWHERE! Not in the "hood", not "on-campus", not at church, not at home, not at the club, not at yo baby momma house or your grammies house, NOWHERE! No matter where you are or how comfortable and safe your surroundings may seem, you always have to be ready for crazy stuff like this to happen. It's sad that we live in world where this type of stuff happens all too frequently. I've been to Virginia Tech once and it is definitely not a place where you'd think something like this would happen. But then again, what school could you imagine this happening at? Something like 32 people dead. Worst school shooting in U.S. history...That's crazy!

I wonder how Michael Moore will respond these shootings...

7 comments:

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

visiting from DP's. Hiding out in a small foreign country and STILL on my watch...It ain't sane OR safe NOwhere!

Anonymous said...

No doubt! Thanks for stopping by.

Dallas Penn said...

MikeSee,
there is no time to mourn either. mainstream media has already begun to make the connection between this tragedy and Hip-Hop music.

Hip-Hop has become America's boogyman all over again.

Anonymous said...

WTF? They're connecting this with hip-hop??? HOW? I gotta find an article making that tie-in.

That's WACK!

jendayi said...

yeah i wanna see that dallas. mike when you find that, hit me up.

Anonymous said...

Lazy motha...

I'm sure we'll end up hearing about it on the news sometime in the next few days if that's the case.

Matter of fact DP, isn't Billy Sunday on your squad? The pre-emptive defense, huh? I love it!

"This country was founded on the religion fueled genocide of indigenous peoples. Am I lying here?" Bout to start some shyt therrre!