Monday, April 23, 2007

Flicked up: My Weekend In Review

The joys of having a new camera!
Fri-Day

This past weekend was my 5 year college reunion. I'm dating myself, I know. Anyway, I didn't go to any of the reunion events because I ended up having other committments. Not that I really was itching to go hang out with my former classmates anyway considering I really only hung with about 20 people when I was in school and we all keep in touch. Back on topic though, I registered for the reunion so I had to go pick up all the free stuff that you get for registering. And of course because I am a clown I had to take a couple pictures with the stuff I got for free. Enjoy...


Yes, they were giving out some Jon "Ray" Kearney FLAT-AZZ hats and I got one!


No Hopkins Alumni picture would be right if it wasn't in the campus bookstore!


COLD BAMMER!

Friday Night
Before we got our table at the Cheesecake Factory, I ran into a guy I went to school with by the name of Jeff. Check out Jeff's myspace page. We went to Hopkins together and I ran into him Friday night outside of the Cheesecake Factory in Bethesda. We chatted it up for a second and he mentioned that he's a singer/songwriter and he was headed to NYC to put in some studio time. I checked out his myspace page and I've only listened to his profile song, but I like it.


It was Bay's birthday so we hit the Cheesecake Factory and then Ozio's in DC.

Saturday
Saturday was my Family Day for the month of April so my grandmother, grandfather, mom, stepdad, brother, stepbrother (and his girlfriend) all got together at my grandparents place.


My grandmother smiling as usual.


Mom Dukes!

And her are some more random family shots from Saturday at my grandmother's house...





And I almost forgot, but here's a picture of my mother's motorcycle. She doesn't know how to ride so I'll be teaching her over the next month or so. On my list of things to do before I die...Go for a ride with my mom and grand-dad on our motorcycles. Hold up, I don't have one yet...Gotta work on that!



No flicks from Sunday but I did cut my grass for the first time, put my grill together, and grill some chicken, hot dogs and beef kabob.

4 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

aww da family...i love it! so glad you all do that..i might have to get this started at the Clarke Clan household...got to...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's tons of fun. I think we're going out of town next month.

Lawrenorder said...

I think it is so great that your family gets together once a month. My family hasn't always been the closest but that's always been something that the elders have wanted to change (my sisters and I are pretty close). As the resident authority, any suggestions on how to get the critical mass together when we live >2hrs away from one another? (As I've mentioned before family holidays and birthdays seem kind of token... I'm looking for the added value).

(p.s. the JHU flicks are kinda funny, why in the world did you do that to yourself?)

Anonymous said...

We just started doing this last year and my mom has been ON IT LIKE THAT! My brother and I always stop past my mom's house and my grandmother's house every couple weeks anyway, so this is not anything new. But my mom just wants to be sure.

My suggestion to you would be to find someplace in-between or neutral where everyone only drives an hour. If there's a bowling alley, go bowling. Do normal stuff you'd do with your friends.

And don't laugh at the JHU flicks...That's GANGSTA!