Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Damon Wayans: Idiot Savant

First this:

Damon Wayans tries to patent the word "ni99er"

You know I had a few things to say about that. For as much as we get mad at "others" for using Blacks as pawns to make money, we should be thrice as mad at this guy for trying to patent that word to sell to us and make himself rich(er). Is that not the epitome of selfishness?

Now this. Taken from Eureweb.com:
"Looks like Damon Wayans has become the first casualty of the Laugh Factory’s newly-instituted N-word free zone.

The comedian used the term 16 times during his 20-minute set Sunday night and was promptly banned from performing at the venue for the next three months, reports the LA Times.

Wayans' act referred to the racist rant of “Seinfeld” star Michael Richards that caused the N-word ban to be instituted.

'I'll be damned if the white man uses that word last. ...This is part of our culture now...don't take that from us,' Wayans told the audience.
Even before my recent realization I wouldn't have said something this stupid! Seriously, he's "claiming" the N-word. A grown and presumably educated Black man, "claiming" the N-word on behalf of the entire culture. Thanks Damon, THANKS!

"An idiot savant is a person with autism that has extraordinary skills in certain domains in spite of cognitive deficiencies in most others."

Perhaps he's comedically talented/brilliant (that might be a stretch) but morally/ethically/culturally deficient??? Cognitive deficiencies are defined as those that are "of or pertaining to the mental processes of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning". In his case, I think his cognitive deficiency lies in judgement and reasoning. Somebody needs to tell this guy something because he's continually adding to the "what can I do next to lose any and all respect from my people" list. [I want to curse right here but I'm holding back ;-) ]

2 comments:

Daneger said...

Young, dude surprises me. I wonder what his family says about stuff like this. You know since they are ALL comedians they probably just laugh ignorant sh*t like this off.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he definitely does. I'd definitely like to know how the elder brother Keenan feels. I can't imagine he finds this humorous or intelligent.

Nah, I think even comedians have a barometer for when something it's of this nature. Paul Mooney would probably speak out against this.